Author Topic: Release 1 Out Now  (Read 15563 times)

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
Originally posted by GT-Keravnos
Unfortunately I can only rate it once ;7

Yep, a solid 5 from me!

Excellent work INF Team :nod:

Nice of Gamespy to provide 4 servers instead of 2 as well.. :D

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Is there a non-FP download site?
-C

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Chapter 2, missions, etc.
Can you give us an estimation of when Chap. 2 will be released?

When will you be accepting custom campaigns and\or missions using the Inferno mods?

Offline Roy fokker

• Flaming FREDder
well dicussions on ch2 have been began sowhen we've finsihed sorting everything out for that then you'll know
Roy Fokker
Mission designer for  Inferno and Wing Commander Saga

I have another (Stooooooopid) question: when will you be accepting custom campaigns from Inferno players?

As soon as you guys can supply 'em...

Sid.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by PhReAk
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,16202.0.html

Thanks Phreak, DLing now. :D
-C

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
Hey Woo & Sid did u check out Gamespy Servers recently... either your mod is extremely popular or Gamespy is having difficulty supplying other games and have buffed up wait time...because currently there have been 240+ d/ls of the mod and each queue is full..thats,
+ 1400 currently downloading
+ at least 200 in each server (4) waiting to d/l

Gamespy
We are experiencing higher than normal wait times due to popularity of the PlanetSide 7-Day Free Trial. Your patience is appreciated.

I don't like it one bit, this thing of GameSpy one bit :doubt:

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
planetside is good game:D
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Originally posted by Max
Hey Woo & Sid did u check out Gamespy Servers recently... either your mod is extremely popular or Gamespy is having difficulty supplying other games and have buffed up wait time...because currently there have been 240+ d/ls of the mod and each queue is full..thats,
+ 1400 currently downloading
+ at least 200 in each server (4) waiting to d/l

I don't like it one bit, this thing of GameSpy one bit :doubt:

Errr no, you don't think that ANYONE could afford to have two servers exclusively for Inferno do you? :lol:

And I do wish people would stop complaining about FilePlanet. You might have to queue some of the time, but if it didn't exist you'd have to kiss goodbye to about 50% of all game mods ever invented. At the end of the day it's something for nothing - a few ads don't cover the cost of 150MB of server bandwidth.

Sid.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 04:02:45 am by 443 »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
There's been about 800 downloads of the 3 GS versions, and probably a few from other mirrors.

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
I wasn't complaining :p I was just thinking the services provided by Gamespy are accurate..so if theres 200/200 people in the d/l queue its for that game and not for a another :nod

Will there be voicepacks for this campaign?  It's good and all, but the thing that bothers me about campaigns without voice is that a new objective creeps in on the top and you're too busy with a bomber to notice.  Really.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
we would have had to wait even longer to release it then
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline J.F.K.

Originally posted by SadisticSid
And I do wish people would stop complaining about FilePlanet. You might have to queue some of the time, but if it didn't exist you'd have to kiss goodbye to about 50% of all game mods ever invented. At the end of the day it's something for nothing - a few ads don't cover the cost of 150MB of server bandwidth.

Sid.

Amen man, people need to be more grateful. It may be a slight annoyance initially but we ought to have a completely different attitude to this - something for nothing, precisely. :nod:
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
Originally posted by J.F.K.
Amen man, people need to be more grateful. It may be a slight annoyance initially but we ought to have a completely different attitude to this - something for nothing, precisely. :nod:

Some things are meant to be free and especially on the Internet!!!

And btw most sites that do host large files, host them for free because they have a cause or dedication to the community... so meh :nod:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2003, 06:13:03 am by 78 »

Will you perhaps be giving out voicepacks at a later date?  Really, it would be nice.

Perhaps, yes.

Sid.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
I'd love to download it, but whenever i try to, i get the same message.

"You require a Gamespy ID"

I dont want a stupid gamespy ID! :hopping: I want inferno :(

I've heard that if you sign up with Gamespy, then they flood you with loads of stupid adverts and other useless C*** :hopping:

So quite frankly, they can dream on if they expect me to register :ha:!

But...But...Inferno's there :(
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.