Author Topic: Yes, I consider website design an art form  (Read 3590 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Yes, I consider website design an art form
Yes.

I've always been frustrated that I can't assign my Zip drive to B. But there's a neat little tool I found that can reassign any of your drives to any letter you like. Name your CD-R drive R, your zip drive Z, your DVD to V, or whatever.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by StratComm
And Sandwich, the character set used by the Germanic (English) and Romantic languages is Roman.  Cyrillic languages are like Greek/Russian, aren't they?

Yeah, I thought it sounded wrong. :p

Anyway, don't speak to me about multiple drives. ;) First off, there was a point when I discovered that a few of my games only looked for the game disc in the drive letter from which it was installed. And since at the time I was all into partitioning to organize data, my CD drive letter would be jumping anywhere from E: to J: - which would mean that I had to either reinstall said game, or find the freaking registry/.ini entry that dictated what drive letter to look in for the game disc. :rolleyes:

So I read in PC Mag or somewhere that you could assign CDROM drives to any letter you wanted via the device manager. Quickly, I went and assigned my CD drive to be the as-yet-unchanged Drive Z. ;)

But gone are the days of actually _wanting_ to have multiple partitions - I run out of room far to easily, and the more partitions one has, the more likely it is to end up with 400Mb free on 6 drives when all you need is a good solid block of 700Mb for a....erm... a game install. ;)

But since partitions are very useful in multiple-boot machines (like mine, 98 and 2k), allowing you to keep the physical OS stored close to the beginning of the drive, where access time is fastest, I still have 4 HD drive letters today: C-F, with C being 98 drive 0, D being general drive 1, E being 2k drive 0, and F being general drive 0. :D

So yes, I like designing websites. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline J.F.K.

Originally posted by Sandwich

Good conclusion. :D
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
Originally posted by Sandwich

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,17026.0.html  :thepimp:
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by StratComm
(Post)

Actually, you can have Hard Drives/CD-Roms/Hard Drives. My current setup (With the 2nd HD plugged in) goes C/D/E/F for the 1st HD (partitioned), then G for the CD-Rom, then H/I/J/K/L. Games go on D:. :D

I've also got Linux installed; dual-booting is another incentive to have multiple partitions.
-C