Author Topic: "Fog" nebulae  (Read 4766 times)

Offline LAW ENFORCER

• Turret Fiend
    • http://www.armouredstar.com
yeah FreeCrapper did do missile trails quite well (not the missiles thought!) thats good thinking there... good man

'dispurtion' effect with decay time of 40 secs....:cool: :eek: :yes:
Conflict GRDLA:
Operation Return To Riker
www.ARMOUREDSTAR.com - the latest site is not finished yet!
[What we have here is the source to the Freespace ENGINE, not the Freespace GAME. By allowing the ENGINE to support all kinds of cool stuff, we're allowing the creation of all new GAMES] - TurboNed

Offline LAW ENFORCER

• Turret Fiend
    • http://www.armouredstar.com
Originally posted by Kalfireth
Some kind of line or trail that follows a distance behind the missile (as definited by table) that spawns particles on an RGB base with another definition in table for cone, length etc. to make realistic smoke etc?

why not just points? (notice the S)
Conflict GRDLA:
Operation Return To Riker
www.ARMOUREDSTAR.com - the latest site is not finished yet!
[What we have here is the source to the Freespace ENGINE, not the Freespace GAME. By allowing the ENGINE to support all kinds of cool stuff, we're allowing the creation of all new GAMES] - TurboNed

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
You could just do it spewing one or two widgets per frame (The widget doesn't need to move, missiles leave stationary smoke behind, it is them that is doing all the moving). If that widget could be made to enlarge and fade simultaneously, it would probs look pretty good ;)

Flipside

P.S. I think Bobboau has abandoned thread ;o) hehehehe

Offline Anaz

flipside....that's just a particle spew...
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Yes, that's exactly what we are saying :D We are asking for the Particle systems to be enhanced so that Missiles can spew particles more effectively, and the same engine can be used for thrusters on ships, Nebulae etc :) There are many ways of doing it, depending on what you want to do. Kalthireth's idea is a good one too, but I think it all boils down to needing more flexibility in the particle system :)

Flipside :D

Edit : Yes, i know there is a particle spew system already for weapons, I haven't used it, so I can't comment on it, but I think a more advanced system would make a lot of things easier/better for modders :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2003, 06:32:57 pm by 394 »

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
Anyone here played Tachyon? Those are the nebulas I want to see...

Speaking of Tachyon, Shrike, you still have my CD :p

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I'd like to see particle-spewing engines, rather than the blocks we have now.
Like, when you start the engine up from a velocity of zero, it gives a really big flare, then narrows down into a coherent flame.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Now that would be nice.:nod:
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta