Author Topic: yay or nay  (Read 23661 times)

Offline Lynx

Bob, you are my hero. I mean it. This looks n times better than the standard FS2 crap.:nod: :yes:
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
'Trailblazing' is a great idea for fighters......but capships? They're not going fast enough! Those Terran ships look like they're charging forward at about 100m/s!!
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Originally posted by LLivingLarge
Better yet... Can I install an AGP slot?

AGP slots are attached to the main board just lile PCI slots and can not be installed.
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline diamondgeezer

:eek: **** me Bob, those are beautiful :nod:

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Originally posted by Killfrenzy
'Trailblazing' is a great idea for fighters......but capships? They're not going fast enough! Those Terran ships look like they're charging forward at about 100m/s!!

When in fact they are sitting completely still.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline LAW ENFORCER

• Turret Fiend
    • http://www.armouredstar.com
that IS cool
I would want to have it per ship or per mission (mabey a flag in the mission with sexp controled on off (like beams) becuase I wouldn'y want to use it in normal missions, mabey subspae like missions (not FS2 mind, me MOD)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2003, 09:37:59 am by 307 »
Conflict GRDLA:
Operation Return To Riker
www.ARMOUREDSTAR.com - the latest site is not finished yet!
[What we have here is the source to the Freespace ENGINE, not the Freespace GAME. By allowing the ENGINE to support all kinds of cool stuff, we're allowing the creation of all new GAMES] - TurboNed

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Originally posted by LLivingLarge
My dad's computer which is older than mine has an AGP slot... Why doesn't mine? Their both Dell Dimensions!!!!

Okay, what are the most recent PCI compatible videocards?

Most computers to come out in the last 4-5 years have had an AGP slot of varrying speeds.  The latest generation of motherboards supports bandwidth speeds of upto 8X.  This actually doesn't make much of a difference performance side yet but eventually it probably will.

The reason why you machine may not have an AGP slot is because many systems built recently forgo the slot in the first place opting for a cheaper solution by integrating all of the necessary AGP components into the motherboard itself.  So your Intel graphics card is probably an AGP card but you have no AGP port to show for it.

The end run of this is that you usually get what you pay for.  Some Dell systems have the AGP ports and they tend to be the more expensive models.   Others forgo that cost to them and remove the port altogether.

So other than performing radical surgery on a Dell system, which is near impossible unless you have access to replacement Dell parts, there isn't much you can do to upgrade the system.  PCI based video cards are hard to find and do not have nearly the kind of performance that the AGP ones possess.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
updated, made some general improvements, and fixed the thrusters in the nebula, you should see that thrusters are foged on a per thruster basis not per ship as it was before, wich makes them much better looking than they were before
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
and the idea behind this is that it's more of an ion wake or something  than a lens flare, thus it is on capships as well as fighters
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Shouldn't it curve if the ship changes direction?

Offline Skaarj

why is it when i try this the screen goes up-side-down?????? i have no mods installed.
"Horus was weak. Horus was a fool. He had the whole galaxy within his grasp and he let it slip away."
-Abaddon the Despoiler

"Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast "
-Ace Rimmer (what a guy)

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Skaarj, wtf, that is an extreemly weird bug, I have no idea, did this just show up or has this been in earlier builds
can you give a screen shot.

goob, it should. does it not?
granted it doesn't exactly curve so much as it points, and it is based on the ships rotvel not wich way it's trying to go
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Skaarj

wots your e-mail and i will send u a screenshot i don't know how to post screenies here.
"Horus was weak. Horus was a fool. He had the whole galaxy within his grasp and he let it slip away."
-Abaddon the Despoiler

-Ace Rimmer (what a guy)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Bobboau
goob, it should. does it not?

It didn't in the first build; I tried to download again and the link was broken.

And try curving it the way the afterburner trails from FS1 are curved.  That'd be cool. :)

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
look in my profile
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Skaarj

thats me sent u a screenshot.
-Abaddon the Despoiler

-Ace Rimmer (what a guy)

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
heh, that's upside down...
what API are you useing (DX or OGL)?
I'm guessing OGL as there is no shine mapping
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Skaarj

yeah its OGL, but it does it on both OGL and DX
-Abaddon the Despoiler

-Ace Rimmer (what a guy)

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Excellent improvement Bobboau.  One thing I didn't like that was changed was I can't see the trails from infront of a vessel.  So the thrusters point away from me and I can't see them.

This used to be so with the previous version and it looked very good.  You could actually see a corona around the engines even thought you were infront of the vessel.  Very B5ish actually...this effect is gone, I'd like it back.

Now I see one other visual error that I'll take a picture of....but DANG is this good looking!  They are a bit too big on some vessels and just right on others so I guess a table implementation will fix that.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I think I'm gana make a third glow for the looking down the front of the thruster effect, as what this is is basicly the beam rendering code and it doesn't look that good when looked at from sharp angles, so I need a glow at the base of the effect to cover up the sharp angle that the poly is being drawen at, like beams have a glow at there base, I have a graphic that should fit in well
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3