Author Topic: The Lucifer X  (Read 13523 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by StratComm
An excellent question.  I think it has something to do with Inferno already having too many destroyers.

(*Counts*)

4 Shivan Destroyers + 2 Shivan Superdestroyers.  Yep, too many.  However, as the centerpiece of another campaign it'd be a great command ship for a shivan incursion.

"another campaign", eh? You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'? ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Havock

it looks mean.

that's a :yes:

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Originally posted by Sandwich

"another campaign", eh? You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'? ;)

Hmm... it has... potential ;)
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
SA doesn't want it; TVWP and FSPort can't have it; Reci is Aldo's baby. And you already have your three-armed Shivan ******** **** for DatDB, so... I dunno, a sister ship?

I've been grappling with the size issue. Perhaps I will make it a Destroyer. The most difficult thing is the armament; three LReds for the main beams, and a trio of side- and bottom-mounted SReds to augment it. Note that I'm going for FS2 balance here, not Inferno balance. It has the fighterbay, so... :blah: Let me think about it.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor

But they all suck. Shapeless blobs of uninspired extrusions with lousy generic texturing. The Iblis, the Kismat, the Diablo, the Amritaya, even the Gigas. I'm sorry, Woomeister, but that's the way it is. With some more development they could be great, but they're too simplistic currently for my tastes.

I didn't make the Kismat, Amritaya or Diablo so don't care :p

The Gigas is already 3011 polys total, I could make it 10k+, but I doubt the extra detail would be worth the slowdown :doubt:

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I think the Diablo and Abel are the worst. I used to like the Abel until I saw it in Modelview against a background that is not black. It has fewer polies than an Apollo for chrissake! And the Diablo is just weird.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Abel used to be a Corvette untill I had it resized :p

There's nothing wrong with the Abel except a low res map.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
And an undetailed model.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
of course the abel sucks: that's my fourth pof ever for FS2, it's probably three years old now :doubt:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2003, 01:35:46 am by 83 »
SCREW CANON!

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
SA doesn't want it; TVWP and FSPort can't have it; Reci is Aldo's baby. And you already have your three-armed Shivan ******** **** for DatDB, so... I dunno, a sister ship?

Maybe I can convince KT to put it in AotD? ;7
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
im liking this one guys, i think we want it :D
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Originally posted by Raa Tor'h

Maybe I can convince KT to put it in AotD? ;7

*isn't against model

*would need to find a purpose for said model though.. although he already has one in mind.

On that note, you should stop by our forums GE.. model or not. :p
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
I hate My signature!

Offline J.F.K.

From that concept pic alone, I'd go for cruiser size. Scale just doesn't work much bigger than corvette, even.
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Originally posted by Knight Templar
On that note, you should stop by our forums GE.. model or not. :p

*goes to forums*
*sees KT's title and avatar*
*dies*
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I never liked the [V] concept art in the credits window. The model itself shows the skill of the modeller, surely it was hard to do, but I think its shape kills the feeling of FreeSpace ....
I could get used to the terrible looking of the Myrmidon, but this one is really an overkill.

Do not fire upon me for this, the model is great, but its general looking is not of my liking. . .

Perhaps good texturing can make its shape forgotten.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
So this is why I've heard no progress on my Kurruk... :p

I do like it, but I also agree, Cruiser or Corvette sized would be appropriate...
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
w00t! This ship has just secured itself a place in TI, filling a nieche that's been open... pretty much since the initial conception of the story.

Not giving too much away, the ship will not be a destroyer sized vessel, but smaller,. which should make a lort of posters in this topic happy. It'll also be very significant to the story without being a main attraction sort of thing, and it will appear in multiple mission. Its armament will appear light, but as they say, it's not what you've got that atters - it's how you use it ;)
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
For those of you interested in Inferno remaps/reskins/edits/enhancements, I'm working on the much-anticipated GVCa Tanen. See it here.
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,17223.0.html

Continued from the other thread. Here's the concept art:

And here's the mesh. 870 polies, unturreted. It's still in progress, so criticism and fedback is welcome.

What I'd really like is for this to replace the SSD Diablo model, but I know Woomeister likes his stuff, and this looks completely different, so I doubt it. :doubt:

That would make a much better cruiser than a Lucifer x and you got one alreddy so thats that in my HIMO.
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.