Author Topic: Modeldump 4 available for DL  (Read 9586 times)

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Modeldump 4 available for DL
Welcome to the highlights! :)
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by KARMA
we-want-pics:mad2::hopping:
:rolleyes:

I don't have any.  None on the server, and no renders.

Here's the list from the readme;

es;
a - type - (max format)  model for a ludicrously powerful fighter, ala R-type (and other old shoot-em-ups)

battleship - (max format) model for a chunky destroyer, intended to soemwhat resemble a naval battleship.  Still pretty neat, IMO, just couldn;t be botered sparing the time to texture it properly (with custom textures)

bers - (3ds) WIP model for a revision of the berserker.  might be UV-ed, not sure.

berserker - (3ds) As above.  Nose concept didn't really come out right on this one.... the final version (for Reci, not on this one - that's much older) is a bit better.  Think it's UV-ed

berserker - (max) Utter pish mdel, this one.  I'm deeply ashamed I even got as far along as it is.

bomber - (bmp)  Template map for berserker.3ds

bomberPs-01t - (zip) Completed pof (no interface) for the now-abandoned Paradigm shift campaign.  This is pretty cool, IMO - I just never found a use for it.  It'd probably look good with glowmaps.

capital02-01a.pcx - (pcx) Fairly crappy texture map for a derelict lucifer.  Half arsed job, to be honest.

CS-tyTech - (max) Animation file for the Tyr / Sthenno, for FS1.  Pretty neat - the models found a new home now.

Dropship.zip - (zip)  Full set of lods & debris (in 3ds format, with bmp textures) for a pretty neat dropship.  Rotaty section obviously inspired by B5.... I think this was intended for a mini-campaign, but i just couldn't be bothered finishing it in TS5.  In a render lurking in the Reci website, also.

Eos.zip - (zip) Another completed model for PS, this time a fighter.  Pretty neat, but the white maps never really worked for me (blame Icefire!) - if we'd have used this, it'd probably have been remapped in a style like the Archangel (bomberPS-01).  Maybe a little too similar to the Pegaus.

Explorer - (max) WIP for an explorer ship (well, duh!).  Can't remember why or what for.  Supposed to look quite impressive when warping in, hence the frontal spikes (commes array or summat).

genHull1a - (bmp) Attempt at a tileable texture.  Not sure what it was to be used for.

gtb berserker.zip - (zip) Very first version of the berserker, completed pof with interface from Sesquipaaeeedliiailaialan... er, Sesq.  Based on a V concept, the first model I completed with max, actually.  Now dumped from Reci for something a bit better looking - as evidenced by the bunch of unfinished models elsewhere on the dump.

gtb berserkerALT.zip - (zip)  Speaking of which..... max format model with some semi complete texturing work.  Dunno why there's a copy of the origina berserker model in there too...maybe for comparison?  This one took a lot in common, but tried to add more weaponry - i.e look more berserk.

GTCAWarlock1 - (max) The original Warlock was made agggeeesss ago, with Blender & TS (my first capship, i think).  This was an attempt to revise & improve it, but I decided I would be just retreading old ground

GTCDemeter - (3ds) Missile cruiser mesh for PS.... intended to look pig nosed (missile launchers were on the front).  Don't like this much.

GTCDemeterBridge - (3ds) Nuff said - you could blow this off if you wanted.  If I finished the model.  which I didn't.

GTDNMessiah - (max) Superdetroyer.  Bit unoriginal, IMO.  didn;t like enough to texture it, which says it all.  Think the 2 flat bits on the left / right were for some complicated mega-beam-cannon turret to be mounted

GTDOceanus - (3ds) Ps destroyer mesh.  Intended to somewhat resmeble the Orion, but still look hi-tech.  Engines & arse-end could probably do with a bit more work.

GTDValiant2 - (max) Carrier mesh (might be partly textured, not sure).  I think this is kinda neat, but underdetailed for the polyount.

GTFSkadi.zip - (zip) From Reci - Textured LOD0 & shield for a covert ops fighter.... s'possed to small and able to hide in an asteroid field (i.e) for ages undetected. Also a deliberate attemopt to make a non-sleek stealth fighter - think of slow speed, but great turning time. Pretty neat IMO, needs LODs modelled.  Would probably look quite neat with glowmaps. i think this was the first time i properly drew the engine textures, rather than cut & paste them.

GTFSvalin.zip - (zip) Space sup from Reci, completed with interface from Sesq.  Was intended to look as if it could work in craped fighterbays, with the lower engine bit and front guns sliding 'in' for storage.  Kinda neat, but I'm not particularly keen on it nowadays.

GTFYmir.zip - (zip) Assault from Reci, kind of a next-gen Hercules.  Still looks pretty cool IMO, although the textures are a bit underdetailed now, especially at 1024x1024.  Engines are also a bit messy, and there's some stretching about the cockpit region.  Poffed up with interface from Sesq.

GTFValk2.zip - (zip) An attempt to rework the Valk 2 model I made ages ago.  A bit closer in design to the original, but maybe too much.  Contains Max & 3ds file, and some partly completed maps.  Is, of course, UV-ed.

GTVINecromancer - (max) From another abortive minicampaign (actually a CoW sequel).  T-S hybrid destroyer.  Probably a bit unoriginal in design, and also a bit dull in appearance IMO.

gvdn ammit.zip - (zip) From Reci.  Set of 3ds files for a large Vasudan destroyer, directly based on the Hatshepsut - a bit too much, actually, which is why i dumped it.

hipoly.zip - (zip) Set of attempts at a high poly fighter for an animation.  Bit crap, probably, and I can't see anyone having a proper use for them.  Max format.

khepri.zip - (zip) From PS, also was going to be used in Reci.  Pof and maps for a next gen Vasudan fighter.  I like this one, but here's a few UV problems, and the inset brown bits tend to vary in exact colour/hue because I did them over a few days.

littlehauler3 - (max) A wee freighter.  Bit fugly.  Don't know what it was for.

MessiahALT1 - (max) Terran dreadnaught.  Pretty cool model, but a pain in the arse to map.

NMTransport.zip - (zip) UVMapped (with template texture) Nightmare transport - cum -cruiser.  The class was dropped, although it gives a hint as to the appearance of their ships (well, one of them) in the campaign proper.

oldDaedelus(half) - (max) The original version of the Daedelus (from CoW).  Needs mirrored & welded.  not sure if it's been UV-ed.  I actually prefer this mesh over the one that ended up in Cow.

saab hammerhead.zip - (zip) The Hammerhead from Space: Above and Beyond in 3ds format.  Very accurate to the reference pics i used, especially the map.  Textures 90% done, maybe needs darkened a bit - but the existing detail is copied right off the TV images I used.  I'm proud of this one, because it looks a lot better than the 100k+ poly model I used as a reference, AND the maps are better.

scimitar.zip - (zip) Pof model.  I did the interface (cept the icon is missing), so it's a bit of a botch job.  A mercenary / old style fighter very loosely styled upon the F-5 (?) Sabre. Probably the best fighter & map job I've ever made.  Includes a gun.

Selkie - (max) Attempt at a T-S hybrid bomber for Reci. Pain to map, so I never bothered.

Sthenno3 - (max) One of several attempted models for the Sthenno, for Ace's planned remake of Cardinal Spear.  Felt this was a bit dull, and the 'feel' wasn't right fopr a pre-FS1 bomber.

Sthenno1B - (max) Another attempt, this time non-symetrical.  Bit fugly, and I didn't like the 'feel'.  Again.

Svalin - (3ds) NOT the fighter. Attempt at a heavy marine transport which didn't work out.  UV Mapped.

transportR-01t - (bmp)  WIP map for the above

vanHelsing - (max) A heavy shivan-killing destroyer.... not a bad mesh, but couldn't be bothered mapping it.

warlock - (3DS) Unmapped mesh of a destroyer.  Front reminds me a bit of the Hades, but it's also a bit plain and ugly.  Could be nice with a bit more work.

warlock1 - (max) max file of the above

warlock2 - (max) As above, but with some minor alterations.  Not sure why I chucked this in, actually.
===
*I think the below may have already been released in another modeldump as well, I'm not too sure....

GVTSEcho - (max) WIP mesh for a PS support ship.  Needs UV-ed & mirrored.

GTFNephele - (max) Mesh for a PS stealth fighter.  Kinda neat, but probably a bit of a ***** to UV.  Needs mirrored.

Andhaka 4 - (max) Shivan frigate, I think was designed for OtT originally.  Is mapped & textured, although you'll obviously need to check the texture paths.

shivFight4 - (max) Shivan fighter.  i think this is UVmapped, though I've seemingly managed to lose the textures for it (which was largely incomplete regardless)

SF Dhurjati2 - (max) Shivan fighter, a bit insect-like in appearance.  Needs UV-ed.

GVBMenhit - (max) fairly ugly Vasudan bomber, already UV-ed.  Was designed for Reci, but i don;t think it lloks particularly striking.

gvfNefertem3glued - (max) Vasudan fighter / space sup, based on a V concept.  Already UV-ed, I think.  I like this one, but there may be a few dodgy Uv bits around the 'prongs'.  Actually a really old model.

gvca kabechet.zip - (zip) 3ds files for the (unturreted) Vasudan carrier.  Developed for Reci - i think it's pretty neat IMO, but it's not original enough looking for Reci's time period.  Q

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by aldo_14
kabechet

Got that one in game this afternoon. I changed one of the maps from the original though.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Cool.  That might look better than the original actually -
i'm not sure.  (plus too wedded to my own stuff to admit its faults ;) )

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Originally posted by Woomeister

http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/inferno/kabachet01.jpg
Got that one in game this afternoon. I changed one of the maps from the original though.

That thing looks astonishingly similar to a Vas carrier I've been working on.  More flat, but very similar especially in terms of functional design.  Take a look in the DatDB news thread linked to from the front page if you haven't already.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Dunno.  But it's based more or less directly off the Typhon, so I wouldn't be surprised if the thought processes were the same.

Offline J.F.K.

Originally posted by Woomeister

:eek::yes:

Are those the textures of a Typhon? Looks tight.
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I have a new love! Move over Anuket!
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Styxx
Welcome to the highlights! :)

I see you got a pic. Good thing too, I probably wouldn't have stopped rendering if I'd started, and I really have to attend to study. ;)

Raa, did you really say that? Or are you just kidding? :p
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by J.F.K.

:eek::yes:

Are those the textures of a Typhon? Looks tight.

Typhon and Karnak textures.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Just for reference, this is the original texture job

EDIT:  Er, before I welded the vertices, obviously.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 04:11:18 am by 181 »

Offline TheCelestialOne

• Man of Exceptional Taste
Nice! :yes: I especially like those 4 hangar bay thingies sticking out the sides.
"I also like to stomp my enemies, incite rebellions, start the occasional war, and spend lazy hours preening my battle aura."

~Supporter of the The Babylon Project~

Like Babylon 5? Like Star Trek? Like science fiction? Go HERE

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
I do like the new version better, gives the sensation of size much better. :yes:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Here's the other Vasudan capship, btw.

Mappings a bit dodgy on this, though, in respect.  - tis a bit messy.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 04:41:34 am by 181 »

Offline Sigma

My first attempt to texture the Oceanus:

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by Setekh

Raa, did you really say that? Or are you just kidding? :p

Well, after having seen a full-view of it, I go back to my Anuket...

This one's not bad, but it's like that person you save for when the one you love dumps you... :p
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I'll review some  of your POF models

bomberPs-01t - (zip) Completed pof (no interface) for the now-abandoned Paradigm shift campaign. This is pretty cool, IMO - I just never found a use for it. It'd probably look good with glowmaps.
I'll have to take another look at this one

Eos.zip - (zip) Another completed model for PS, this time a fighter. Pretty neat, but the white maps never really worked for me (blame Icefire!) - if we'd have used this, it'd probably have been remapped in a style like the Archangel (bomberPS-01). Maybe a little too similar to the Pegaus.
Nice white/light blue scheme I might make it into a big assault bomber for Starforce, but your models don't fit in with T&T.

gtb berserker.zip - (zip) Very first version of the berserker, completed pof with interface from Sesquipaaeeedliiailaialan... er, Sesq. Based on a V concept, the first model I completed with max, actually. Now dumped from Reci for something a bit better looking - as evidenced by the bunch of unfinished models elsewhere on the dump.
I like it. Nice take on the Boanerges.

GTCAWarlock1 - (max) The original Warlock was made agggeeesss ago, with Blender & TS (my first capship, i think). This was an attempt to revise & improve it, but I decided I would be just retreading old ground
I remember this from Inferno. Great model, very imposing.

GTFSvalin.zip - (zip) Space sup from Reci, completed with interface from Sesq. Was intended to look as if it could work in craped fighterbays, with the lower engine bit and front guns sliding 'in' for storage. Kinda neat, but I'm not particularly keen on it nowadays.
Awful!

GTFYmir.zip - (zip) Assault from Reci, kind of a next-gen Hercules. Still looks pretty cool IMO, although the textures are a bit underdetailed now, especially at 1024x1024. Engines are also a bit messy, and there's some stretching about the cockpit region. Poffed up with interface from Sesq.
VERY nice, but a wee bit high-poly and a big target from any angle.

khepri.zip - (zip) From PS, also was going to be used in Reci. Pof and maps for a next gen Vasudan fighter. I like this one, but here's a few UV problems, and the inset brown bits tend to vary in exact colour/hue because I did them over a few days
Nice. Has a lot of the Nepthys's good features. The cockpit design reminds me of the Vesuvius, original Claymore, and Gagana way too much, but overall it's good.

gvca kabechet.zip - (zip) 3ds files for the (unturreted) Vasudan carrier. Developed for Reci - i think it's pretty neat IMO, but it's not original enough looking for Reci's time period
Seen it screenshots in this thread. The spider-like design is more Shivan than Vasudan.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 01:07:46 pm by 1099 »
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
My thoughts on said models in red.

Originally posted by Woolie Wool (Originally posted by Aldo)
GTCAWarlock1
I remember this from Inferno. Great model, very imposing.
I was never particular to this model, seemed really big and long but extremely uniform.  The new versions are mush less, well, phallic, but they still don't break the mold for capship design IMO.

GTFSvalin.zip
Awful!
It's not bad, but a little long and thin for a FS fighter.  Some of the folding apparatus are a little forced, but the idea is cool.  If it was more compact then I think it would be awesome.  Always have had a thing for your fighter maps Aldo.

GTFYmir.zip
VERY nice, but a wee bit high-poly and a big target from any angle.
Nose... too... pointy...
Otherwise it looks cool, but for it's high polycount I really expected something slightly less blocky.  It looks imposing for sure.  (Love them big guns ;))  It has potential, but I think it takes the compact design to the extreme.

khepri.zip
Nice. Has a lot of the Nepthys's good features. The cockpit design reminds me of the Vesuvius, original Claymore, and Gagana way too much, but overall it's good.
Is this the blue bomber?  (can't remember name/description associations for these)  If so, very cool.  The other bombers are a little blocky for my tastes, but all are exceedingly well mapped.

gvca kabechet.zip
Seen it screenshots in this thread. The spider-like design is more Shivan than Vasudan.
Yay for Vasudan destroyers!  I agree that this model has some definite shivan features, but it's design from those tubes back is clearly Vasudan.  It looks a little squashed on top with the brown CapVtile4 there, but the Typhon textures take that away.  Maybe the Vasudan version of the Hades?  

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Don't know them by name, but I like the three PS ships as well.  My only complaint (after some minor reskinning) is that they don't have any interface stuff.  

This is where I beg for help:

I can do loadouts, but I can't make ani's - I downloaded and installed ACani, but whenever I run the program I get a DOS window that stays onsecreen for about 1/10th of a second and then vanishes.  

Can anyone advise me?
#Bal kote, darasumm knte,
  Jorso'ran kando a tome,
  Sa kyr'am Nau tracyn kad, Vode an#

- Traditional Mandalorian war chant

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Try typing "cmd" (WinNT/2k/XP) or "command" in the run dialogue (Win9x) and running the program from the command prompt.  Though I think that there is another program that will do it with a more windows-friendly interface.