Author Topic: GTVA-dismantled..you have to survive  (Read 11790 times)

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
GTVA-dismantled..you have to survive
whats that home-base nonsense? :D

Simply make pitstops on planets... And you can always eat toasted shivans :lol:
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
Originally posted by diamondgeezer
Simple: change your name to BD or QuantumDelta, hop in a random fighter and proceed to wipe out the Shivans

or lightspeed or Ashrak or Starlegend (hes old) :p
I hate My signature!

Offline Odyssey

• Stormrider
Originally posted by Raa Tor'h
A man after my own heart! :D Want a 14k poly Anuket for in game? ;7

Then you could only have one, not a fleet! :p

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Says who? ;7
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
  • Avoid the beam and you wont get hit
If Corvettes are included, id take a Deimos and remove the close range flak cannons and place some Kaysers instead. Get rid of all the laser cannons and put BFGreens there. ;7

Offline Zarax

I'd get the Neoceni, the modified Iceni class frigate, which is shielded and has decent anti fighter and anti ship capabilites...
Considering that it would be built over Iceni tech it would make a perfect rogue ship.
The Best is Yet to Come

Hm...  Great idea.  In fact, you can call it w00ty.

That'd be a great idea for an offshoot of Freespace.  Kind of like Wing Commander: Privateer.  It didn't follow the game exactly.  Only instead of it taking place during the same time of FS2, put it in an alternate future.  I could see the game now...

Shivans controlz0rz you and stuff.  You have (the smallest class of ship is a cruiser, correct) cruiser on your site, with a bunch of other pilots.  You run a bunch of missions, trading, pirating, scavenging, until you gain supplies and stuff.  Then you're on the run from the Shivans.  You wind up assemblinb a fleet, which grows in size as you find more survivors.  The game can end with you taking control of a few systems and collapsing the jump nodes to all but the systems under control.  The duty is to clean out all the remaining Shivans, colonise, and rebuild.  Of course, the game already ended, so...  Sequel.  =P  o.O
For great justice.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Raa Tor'h
A man after my own heart! :D Want a 14k poly Anuket for in game? ;7

I swear, you're neurotic, or... something. :D
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Normally I'd be offended by that, but your arrays are just toooooo cute.

No, wait, I wouldn't be offended...

couldnt resist... BU BU BUMP!

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Well, now with Anukets looking soooo spectacular in game. I'm tempted to agree with Oddyssey. Anukets pwn.

Especially if they could be fitted with AAAf technology.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Something fast... not too large so as to avoid attracting undue attention, but not so small as to be weak... and with a fighterbay...

I'd take the RMCv Victor. No question. (It's the fighterbay'ed Deimos.)

Tho if someone made a frigate class with a fighterbay, I'd use that.
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
1 Hecate destroyer, modified. Primary combatant ship, has replaced its TerSlash beams with BGreens and special capicator system to keep them all firing, at least for awhile. The BGreens were torn out the Orions in mention next.
3 Orion-class destroyers, modified. All of them have replaced their Terran Huge Turrets with flak guns, their TerSlash beams with AAAfs, and their BGreens with TerSlashes. Resulting power savings is used to cut down on reactor size. Fighter wing capacity cut in half, from twenty to ten, for two of them. These two ships are, respectively, a giant flying hydroponics pod, and a parts-fabrication craft that can repair battle damage to capital ships or build new fighters, albeit slowly. The third Orion sacrifices all of its fighter complement and becomes a glorified asteroid miner.
4-6 Sobek class corvettes and 4-6 Leviathan cruisers for a Triple-A screen for the big ships.
2-3 Deimos corvettes, primary mobile strikeforce and protection for ships that have to venture away from the main fleet.
3-4 Hippocrates carrying civilians (always nice to have a source of replacement personnel, and hopefully that would make the taskforce truly self-sustaining).
2-3 AWACs, particular class immaterial.
Full fighter complements. 60% interceptors (Horus and Perseus), 20% heavy fighters (Taurets), 10% assault fighters (Aries), 5% bomber (Bakha), 5% stealth (Pegasus and Ptah). Since I have a small force that would get torn to bits by a Sathanas, I don't anticipate doing much offensive fighting against the Shivans. Thus, my fighter force is mostly defensive in nature. The Aries are there to park right outside my cruiser/corvette screen and lob missiles at bombers making runs on them, the Bakhas for their utility in pulling the teeth of large ships.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
NTF Iceni, even if etak doesnt work...

We've lost fire control!!!!!!!!!
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Thinking about it again (with my superior knowledge) I have come to the conclusion that I (and in fact everyone else in this thread) was making a less than perfect choice.

The ideal ship to be in (in given situation) would be the PVS Scarab. :o

And because i'm evil I won't tell you why I came to that conclusion :p

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
The scarab is teh hotness.  I made a mod where I put 6 firing points for a kayser in the very center above the cocpit... man, good times. Good times.

I would use a Bosch Beer cargo crate, as a trojan horse, and wait that i´m picked up by some thirsty shivan, that takes into his nice shiny new ship. You can always depend on good ol´ beer.
No Freespace 3 ?!? Oh, bugger...

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Originally posted by Raa
The scarab is teh hotness.  I made a mod where I put 6 firing points for a kayser in the very center above the cocpit... man, good times. Good times.

Hehe you just gave me an idea for an.... interesting mini campaign :D

a small fast cruiser, for getting away in, the aeolus.

I think i would command a Deimos or Sobek.

Or i use a Hecate or a Hatshepsut

Then i try to collect all GTSC Mjolnir and build it up near a Jump Node to stop the Shivans and to also have a Rally Point for all GTVA Ships.  I think 25 GTSC Mjolnir can could destroy many Shivans.. but you have also many Bombers and Fighters from the Capital Ships.. If many Ships reach the Rally Point, then you can fight like the Shivan. One great Fleet to overrun all lost GTVA Systems :D
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele