Author Topic: Is Freespace suppose to look this good? =P (Image Heavy)  (Read 20995 times)

Is Freespace suppose to look this good? =P (Image Heavy)
I had a ppro. It crapped out on me after a couple of years, necessitating a replacement. The hat switch was the first to go; this seems to be the most fragile joystick component. How you've managed to keep a joystick operational for 7 years is beyond my understanding.

Originally posted by diamondgeezer
Yah, but that pic of the Hecate basically summed up what the the SCP can do. Does anyone have it that could send it to me?

BTW, this fellow is an IT professional so I'll sound out his coding abilities and see if he's interested in pitching in...

the thing done with the Hecate was just a nice retexture job done by "yours truly" and with the new SCP features such as glow mapping and my ati 7500 64 meg card, i pushed the new effects to a new level. i know others have done much more and better looking effects w/ their respective GF-FX/4 128 cards, but for now this gives everyone a general idea on what can be done.

I don't know why my PPro has survived.  It suffered terrible abuse when I bought Descent 2...

Actually, it did fail at one point.  The sensor in the base of the stick has three wires going to it, and one had broken off.  So I broke out the soldering iron and resoldered the wire.  Good as new.
Never had trouble with the hatswitch.  It gets a lot of use too, in Descent.
'And anyway, I agree - no sig images means more post, less pictures. It's annoying to sit through 40 different sigs telling about how cool, deadly, or assassin like a person is.' --Unknown Target

"You know what they say about the simplest solution."
"Bill Gates avoids it at every possible opportunity?"
-- Nuke and Colonol Drekker

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by deep_eyes
the thing done with the Hecate was just a nice retexture job done by "yours truly" and with the new SCP features such as glow mapping and my ati 7500 64 meg card, i pushed the new effects to a new level. i know others have done much more and better looking effects w/ their respective GF-FX/4 128 cards, but for now this gives everyone a general idea on what can be done.

Regardless, they're still great screenies, and I'd like to put them into the featured pic circulation. Email em to me? :) [email protected]
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.