Author Topic: Huge changes inbound...  (Read 11785 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Are you going to release the Hesat? I want a closer look at her.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline mr.WHO

when you replace old ship you release new version of old files like
soc\vasudan pack (20.1 mb) and rest of packs or one new file ( 10 or 20 mb) that will relpace ships in old files?

I have a 56k modem  so it will not be funny download again 100 or 150mb.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2003, 10:59:02 am by 1471 »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Galemp
Are you going to release the Hesat? I want a closer look at her.

eventually in a modeldump release pack

As for the new ships not sure, if it's a full re-release, I'll probalby drop the ss anis which cuts most of the download size.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
And if you base the combined Ch1 & 2 around an SCP from some of the latest releases, you can get the pof rendered ship viewer so SS ani won't be needed... I just wish someone could get the scan effect, glowing green grid, and quicker rotation rate for the pof version.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline mr.WHO

EACa Telemus has no beam weapons but he have few subach turrets that I think must be a beam not subach turrets.
can you reperair this when you will be relpaceing ship?
I have a EA mania.

another bug : EACv darkness gturret12 has no weapon.

I see that both terrans and vasudans forces don't have a juggernaut class ship. In old fs2 GTVA build collosus. In Inferno EA build Icanus, but GTVA  don't have any supership maybe you can add a  juggernaut to GTVA? weaker than SJ amritaya and  AJ androgeos .

Can you add a juggernaut to EA? Can it be a new version of Nemesis?

I know that you can't change whole story  but these ships don't have to be in campaing.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2003, 02:24:30 pm by 1471 »

Offline BlazeME

You guys love your new beams! Thats for curtain! :p

Why are you getting rid of soooooooo much? Some is ok but all that! :eek2:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
EACa Telemus has no beam weapons but he have few subach turrets that I think must be a beam not subach turrets.
can you reperair this when you will be relpaceing ship?
I have a EA mania.

Very strange it seems the tables are ignoring the beams for this ship, I'll fix that for next release.

another bug : EACv darkness gturret12 has no weapon.

It works fine here...

I see that both terrans and vasudans forces don't have a juggernaut class ship. In old fs2 GTVA build collosus. In Inferno EA build Icanus, but GTVA  don't have any supership maybe you can add a  juggernaut to GTVA? weaker than SJ amritaya and  AJ androgeos.

They have large Supercarriers instead of Juggernaughts, instead of making bulky warships they increased the firepower of their smaller classes.

Can you add a juggernaut to EA? Can it be a new version of Nemesis?

No, it took too much resources to make the icanus that a Juggernaught class was a waste of time.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Besides, the Icanus could waste a juggernaught without any real problems.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Kosh

Btw, how long do you guys think it will take to re-write the ship and weapons tables?
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
forever
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Just thought I'd mention this in this thread:  Phreak has updated the inferno build of FS2_Open.  I'm not sure how it does as I'm currently playing the Freespace Port under his latest FSO regular build.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline mr.WHO

Can you tell me smoething more about GTCa Lenaeus?
what weapons it have?
can you tell me a status of redesing ships and weapons?
can you tell me a status of nem ch1 and ch2?

I want to say that INFERNO is a best FS mod.
great job, but I don't want to wait another year for next release.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
Just thought I'd mention this in this thread:  Phreak has updated the inferno build of FS2_Open.  I'm not sure how it does as I'm currently playing the Freespace Port under his latest FSO regular build.

Later!

Big ups:
Species support seems to be in there
No ss anis :D
Hud doesn't vanish anymore
Open GL looks far better to me than the last INF build

Big downs:
massive speed decrease when looking at capships (my system went down to 7fps in m14)

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
uh i had to gut HT&L since were reworking it.  just add "-nospec" to the command line and it should run normally.  there's some extra stuff in there that you would notice if you looked at the CVS

thats like the 100th time i have said that
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Originally posted by mr.WHO
Can you tell me smoething more about GTCa Lenaeus?
what weapons it have?
can you tell me a status of redesing ships and weapons?
can you tell me a status of nem ch1 and ch2?

I want to say that INFERNO is a best FS mod.
great job, but I don't want to wait another year for next release.

In answer to all your questions: can't tell you. But rest assured we wouldn't have much to talk about at this stage anyway.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by PhReAk
if you looked at the CVS

thats like the 100th time i have said that

The website version doesn't seem to have an Inferno branch (or I can't find it anyway)

Offline Kosh

Originally posted by PhReAk
forever

That's a really, really long time to wait. :p

Brain I/O error

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Woomeister
The Vesuvius is currently replaced with the GTF Mihos, and the Cyone is replaced today by Hamanos great Herc 3. The Pachet is replaced by the Geb, and the following ships have been removed:

GTB Sabus
SOCv Phobos ADv
GVCa Hesat
VIF Reshef
VCI Bastet
SC Abel

Holy crap, man. Those were some good ships... well, I guess this means you're upping the standard... right? :shaking:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yep a bit.

Basic species_defs.tbl completed, now supports 'EA' and 'Ancients' as well as the normal three.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
How do you choose FRED colors for a species? I always get purple for the fourth species and yellow for the sixth, and I haven't found a suitable ship for my fifth species yet.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta