Author Topic: FS1 Warble  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
I'd like to know how to get the FS1 warble working with the Port. I've looked around a bit and haven't found any instructions, and I've experimented a bit myself, but haven't got anywhere.

I've probably overlooked something somewhere...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
We haven't posted any instructions. :)

There's a custom music tbl that you have to install.  I'll have to reconstruct it for everyone.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I thought the table was in the warble VP?
Oh, wait, you messed around with it. :sigh: Okay, post the table and some hacked missions in a VP. That will take care of most of the problems.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
I've got the table, and I put it in data/tables. Seems like it doesn't do anything. Missions have to be hacked? In what way? Do you just have to change the music or is it more complicated than that?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yes.  The music.tbl specifies new tracks, but the tracks aren't actually played unless they're selected as such in FRED.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
I've already supplied a remade campaign file with all the tracks changed using notepad.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Edit - Never mind, I figured it out.

Hmm, the original FS1 effects download leads to a File Not Found error on Fileplanet.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2003, 04:56:18 am by 1494 »