Author Topic: Official Robotech Mod Thread  (Read 141024 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Official Robotech Mod Thread
I think I have one of those that was reskined for BWO when it first started out. :)
we diched it some time early on, but recently I made some modifications to it to make it mach the other ships, I relesed it but I wasn't sure who made it origonaly.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Mmh? You're sure? I don't think anybody other than the original robotech mod members had it, but I may be wrong. Do you have a pic?
SCREW CANON!

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
now that I look closer, I don't think it was that ship. I do know that it came from the robotech mod and Dark reskined it.

actualy I may have never released it at all
http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=555347
have fun with that.
remember that is heavaly modified from the origonal form
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 05:29:38 am by 57 »
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Nico

• Venom
Mmh, that would come from the alpha fighter, if you ask me.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Roanoke

Originally posted by Bobboau
http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=555347
have fun with that.
remember that is heavaly modified from the origonal form

"you do not have permission ao access that page"

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Methinks he's having some fun with us...

"Page not accessible"

That or he should have sent that link via PM  or stated (only BWO people with access would get to see it).

He he...

Actually Nico if you read the post (not realising they were yours, but now I remember you did tease me long ago), you notice I DID find them (Gee only took two YEARS!!!!) :rolleyes:

But thank you for your support none the less.
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Getter Robo G

BTW

.    Of course we are still recruiting 24/7 (especially for modlers/texturers and eventually fredders). Voice acting will be especially important later in the second part of the mod as original ROBOTECH voices will be used in missions for Macross saga part 1 (rick lisa max, ect..)

.   In part 2 (the Sentinels) it's a whole new ball of wax as new characters come to the fore and in fact this is a grand adventure cause missions will be loosely based on the novels (as there was no further Sentinel animation beyond the pilot episode). SO we can almost do card blanche. The main characters will now be voiced by the community. So if you think you can be a good version of a named character start practicing!

.   However that won't be for a long time yet to come and for now We need lots of zentreadi ships done soon. (I also have an idea about how to get around the secondary problem)...

Keeping you updated... L8tr!
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Yea, I am re-reading all of the Robotech novels again searching for descriptions. I havent had much luck so far.

For new screenshots be sure to check out:
http://freespaceserver.cjb.net/forum/

Offline Nico

• Venom
Originally posted by Getter Robo G
 Actually Nico if you read the post (not realising they were yours, but now I remember you did tease me long ago), you notice I DID find them (Gee only took two YEARS!!!!) :rolleyes:

I thought you only found references.
Oh, and I ****ing hate people :rolleyes:'ing at me.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Getter Robo G

Actually it was the best  smiliey to represent frustration/irony? at the situation.  It wasn't directed at you personally.

(note would the sigh one had worked better?)

[HLP -  Finding new ways to mis-communicate!]
  :lol:

Offline Getter Robo G

Accused Raptor reworked the Invid Gurab and made it into a Improved Invid Shock Trooper! I just converted it to get a in game shot (to be armed and sub-systemed later... Doesn't crash and blows up nicely!

http://img31.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img31&image=dieinvid1.jpg

For now (mostly) inbedded screens stay on matt's site, here will be clciky links (I don't want to spam but still let the community know what's going on.

Why kill the 56k'ers unless it's spectacular!

l8tr all!

Okay guys ..yeah I am still around and willing to help out where I can. Just about finished with the Izumo as you can see from the pic. Going to be working on putting it into the StarShatter game engine soon.

As for the SDF-3 ...nope haven't started that one yet ..Finished the Beta fighter a few weeks ago as well. Still have to get off my ass and do the legios var.;7

If you guys need to get a hold of me ..send me an E-mail ...I do not watch these forums as closely as I should ...

Offline Nico

• Venom
Looks great :)
SCREW CANON!

yea, good work

Offline Getter Robo G

Timing is a little off, Raptor also is about 80% finished with the IZUMO... He's letting us use it and then he's probably going to start SDF-3...

I have to let Earthpilot know to stop working on it immediately (thought it's been 4 months) ;)

I made 4 extensive lists of what's needed on page 14-17 I think of this thread but also more importatn n matt's site where we are hosted as soon as a model is doen it's taken of the to do lists, but here si what people are currently working on:

Raptor (Izumo / SDF-3)

MathewPaPa (Skinning trashman's vt's) I have alternate skins that use SAME coordiantes once the inital ones are skinned! So we will have a few looks immediately for minimal work.

Chinaman: I have no idea, I think I asked him to start on any zentreadi veesel he felt capable of after he gave up on the Ikazuchi (he couldn;t get it modified enough to run in game except as a shell, I thought it was comming along nicely though) But that was months ago.

Earthpilot: Izumo, but he hasn't started from what I gathered, and if his RL issues continue then he needs to just say he's walking away for an indeterminate time so I don't assign things to people who have no time to work on them. Not a slam but that's the way it is...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2005, 05:07:11 pm by 2035 »

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Oh..forgot to check - Did you get the Prometheus and Dedalus I sent you?

NOTE - they have no fighterbays or paths, so don't try to launch anything from htem...
Now that I think about it, I don't recall giving hte SDF-1 fighter paths?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

If the issues was with the Ikazuchis textures being thrown off let me know ...i found out that if I export to .obj format all uvmapping will keep its place.

Offline Getter Robo G

This was made 2 years ago so no complaints. Just a taste of what you can expect as this mission was NOT updated since creation with the ORIGINAL RT mod... I had hoped the original team would havegotten to seeit but I FRINALLY got my computer to record now ;)
Thanks to Matt I got storage for it but I won't leave it up forever cause it's 21mb mpg.

Here it is enjoy!

www.game-warden.com/robotech/BlindGame1.mpg

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Originally posted by AncientAngel

Okay guys ..yeah I am still around and willing to help out where I can. Just about finished with the Izumo as you can see from the pic. Going to be working on putting it into the StarShatter game engine soon.

As for the SDF-3 ...nope haven't started that one yet ..Finished the Beta fighter a few weeks ago as well. Still have to get off my ass and do the legios var.;7

I believe I saw that thing on SSC, not just porting to FS are you?