Author Topic: Freespace Port 2.3 Released!  (Read 18240 times)

Offline redmenace

Freespace Port 2.3 Released!
only happens to the support ship. I have not tried it in other build yet or in regular Fs2 campaign. but try it your self. Now back to SG1 and then marketing.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Cyker

Any chance of a BitTorrent or at least non-FilePlant/GS mirror? *hopeful look*

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Not currently.  We might get Hunter to mirror them at Sectorgame but that's Galemp's department.

Originally posted by Goober5000
Not currently.  We might get Hunter to mirror them at Sectorgame but that's Galemp's department.

Would It be ok If I made a mission for the port? I'm pritty good with fredding but have a little bit of Qs for you all.

1. What ships/weapons were in use at the time of the battle of Deneb?

2. what kind of ships would the Shivans be useing?
"I am that which grips the heart in fright, harkens night and silence is the light." Ajunta Pull, KOTOR.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Certainly. :) We welcome any and all user-created missions.  (In the future we should probably set up a mod database like Inferno has.)

As for what technology was in use, look here for a listing of the FS1 plot points and technology timeline.  At the time of the Battle of Deneb, all technology was in use except Banshees, Hornets, Ursas, Harbingers, and Disruptor Missiles.

Offline Hunter

• Ross128, Freespace 2 Sector, Freespace Files
    • Sectorgame
FreeSpace Files | Overload | Sectorgame Forums - For those times when HLP is down (or because you want to keep me company)

Volition BB Survivor - Nov 1999 to April 2002 / Yes I know *some* folks in Hollywood, and no I can't get you on TV.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Thanks. :)

Offline Cyker

Thanks Hunter!!! :D

Erm.. any chance of you mirroring all the supplemental files too...? :D

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
No offical mention of this has been made either here or in the news section on the Port main page, but separate downloads have been added for glow and shinemaps for objects ONLY in the Port.  This is in response to said maps being left out from the recent changes to the structure of the SCP media VP files.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah, I forgot to post an update about that - thanks, TP.  They were included in previous releases of the port, but when the file was split I forgot to link to them from the download page.  Links are now posted - enjoy. :)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I was looking though the fsport-glowmapsVP file, and noticed that it only contains maps for the Port Leviathan, and the Athena.  I'd advise inclusion of glowmaps for all the other FS1 only ships such as the Apollo, Valkyrie, Anibus, Amun and the other few ships not included in FS2.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, that was GE's department, and he's out of contact until the summer.  Ask again in a few months. :p

erm...just installed the .vp files, and while the briefing works ok (aside from a potential crashout at the final screen of the inyro brief), the actual mission is screwed.

All fighters appear to be Ullysses, and my ship is unarmed!

now since no-one else is having trouble...have i installed it wrong or something?
FYI, i'm running it thru the latest version of FS Open.

PS:
where can i find the FS1 Cutscenes?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You probably have extra mods installed.  Make sure the FSPort is the only mod you're running.  Also check to see if you have any ships.tbl files floating around.

The SCP mediaVPs might also have some table files in them.  Try removing them one by one to see if that fixes it.

i have just uninstalled the B5 Project mod, to no effect:

Error: Invalid weapon name.

In sexpression: ( when
   ( true )
   ( tech-add-ships
      "GTB Zeus"
      "SB Seraphim"
   )
   ( tech-add-weapons "Cluster Bomb" )
)
(Error appears to be: Cluster Bomb)
File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Mission\MissionParse.cpp
Line: 4517

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

nevermind. moved a few .tbl's and that seems to have worked.

dunno if that helps any....not really my are of expertise....
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 11:40:40 am by 2558 »

Offline dizzy

• http://dizzy.roedu.net
Ok, I'm getting pretty pissed off about this, I am not able to download from the original location (fileplanet redirects me to their startpage) or from the provided mirror (where probably the file are not there anymore or something, the index with the file list on the mirror shows fine but when clicking to download it displays some "start-up" page).

Please someone provide me (even in private) with a working link so I can mirror them (this time a WORKING mirror).

Thanks!

Click on "LOG IN" in the left sidebar. Then, after you login, you will get there. Vileplanet is retarded.

Sorry, but im having the same problem as Alpha_Monkey with the FSPort, im using FS_Open but in the first mission im unarmed, so....somebody can explain how can i make it work in a newbie friendly way?? Thanks!

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Create a new pilot.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Wow, friendly enough! Thnks i ll try that!