Author Topic: Subspace...  (Read 3242 times)

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Subspace is what you find if you lift up the carpeting on the floor of normal space.  I know.  My fiancee spilled stuff all over my Z dimension, and I had to have the whole thing replaced.

If you poke subspace, it is bouncy and squishy at the same time!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2004, 01:00:47 am by 448 »
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
i'll take quotables for $1000
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
After some kel-no-reem, I've revised my theory about Subspace.

See, it's like duct tape.

Stargate has subspace. Star wars has subspace (IIRC). Star Trek, hell, every other mission in Voyager was about subspace.

Does Babylon 5 or Wing Commander have subspace? I suspect they do.

See, subspace is the glue that ties everything together. And in subspace, an odd conglomeration of physics are used. This is why there can be no shields in subspace, and why it took so long for the GTVA to figure out how to track ships - they needed a combination of four different types of sensors to detect anything.

Some of you may recall seeing pictures of Star Trek warships in Freespace. How did they get there? There's only one way they could - subspace. Because everyone knows the FS2 engine doesn't support warping yet :p.

I rest my case.
-C

Offline Genryu

Babylon 5 has subspace, yeah. Called Hyperspace, (at least in the french translation), but if you look at it, it's nearly the same thing that in Freespace : meaning that it's only a shortcut compared to real space, and you can get lost in it ^^. (Derelict, anyone ?)
Man is making better fool proof machines everyday. Nature is making bigger fools everyday. So far, Nature is winning.
- Albert Einstein
"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?"
- Gandhi

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
No, subspace and hyperspace are different.  Subspace is below normal space; hyperspace is above normal space. :nod:;)

Offline jdjtcagle

• Already told you people too much!
Originally posted by Sesquipedalian
Subspace is what you find if you lift up the carpeting on the floor of normal space.  I know.  My fiancee spilled stuff all over my Z dimension, and I had to have the whole thing replaced.

If you poke subspace, it is bouncy and squishy at the same time!

How when there is no such thing as up and down or gravity?:D
Whenever I hear subspace "below space" I get all confused
"Brings a tear of nostalgia to my eye" -Flipside
------------------------------------------
I'm an Apostolic Christian (Acts: 2:38)
Official Interplay Freespace Stories
Predator
Hammer Of Light - Omen of Darkness
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

Offline Genryu

Originally posted by Goober5000
No, subspace and hyperspace are different.  Subspace is below normal space; hyperspace is above normal space. :nod:;)

Below, above... Same difference :p
Man is making better fool proof machines everyday. Nature is making bigger fools everyday. So far, Nature is winning.
- Albert Einstein
"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?"
- Gandhi

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Though we also developed a faster method of travel when we found the dimension that contains everything that ever fell down the side of a sofa ;)

Offline jdjtcagle

• Already told you people too much!
*shakes head and laughs*
"Brings a tear of nostalgia to my eye" -Flipside
I'm an Apostolic Christian (Acts: 2:38)
Official Interplay Freespace Stories
Predator
Hammer Of Light - Omen of Darkness
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years