Author Topic: 07092004 Build - Fs2NetD upgrades for Rank and Medals Support  (Read 6824 times)

07092004 Build - Fs2NetD upgrades for Rank and Medals Support
:cool: just to confirm what tep posted.....i set up a game , people could only see it in the browser not the hall...i left the game and it was still visible in the browser for over 15 minutes...
and Kazan, i understand perfectly what you are saying but I still dont understand why people even near me in the UK cant always see my games or me see theirs.  Its not a problem we have had when playing on pxo or on ip....:confused:

and heya JD ))....yes ive heard about the fs3 licence fuss, In my opinion FS3 is long overdue and I would welcome it as long as it  retains the atmosphere  and game play of FS2.:)
"Hell hath no fury like a woman pilot !"

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
did your firewall get reset
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

I've been turning off firewalls etc....

Offline Inquisitor

Sounds like we might have some bugs about games lingering on the server, something not clearing properly, or a message that the game is over not getting sent? Not sure, since I haven't lookat at Kaz's code to see exactly what he's doing, but, I am sure he'll find the bug if it's there. Gotten a couple PM's about this, of course, I pointed those people to Mantis :)

Actually, lemme ask Kaz a question: Can you show me a diagram of hte various network calls your making on the various ports? I'll ICQ you.
No signature.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
let's make this very clear

whatever the problem is: it's NOT from fs2netd

(PS: i remember now why the servers are not always expiring in a timely fashion --- the expire function is only called just before someone requests the server list)

Offline Inquisitor

Ok:

if she can pop out, fire up vanilla fs2, host a gamne and be successful... then by all accounts she should be able to do the same with fs2net builds

Can you do that Suz? Reboot. Host vanilla IP game, verify you can play, reboot, host fs2netd game, tell me what happens. Try to use the same people for the test.

Triple check your fs2net config file, too, just to be sure.
No signature.

Offline Starks

DW-Starks reporting!!!! As soon as FS2NetD stabilizes completely, I'll be back in action this fall!
Formerly of the Dark Wings and Legion of Apocalypse

Offline Inquisitor

It can only "stabilize completely" if people test it.
No signature.

Offline Starks

Well excuse me... My computer sucks. My 256MB stick died and I'm stuck with 128MB.
Formerly of the Dark Wings and Legion of Apocalypse

Offline Inquisitor

What, exactly, does that have to do with stability?

My point, was, it can only get stable if people of varied system capabilities test it.

Telling us you will only play when it becomes stable is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Play ;)
No signature.

Quiz......I tried your test today....I hosted on ip on old FS2 and my game could be seen and joined. Then rebooted and I hosted in FS2 SCP and my game could also be seen and joined there.. i also checked the multi cfg file....which was correct....

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
then your problem was a transient network issue

This is what we experienced tonight. Game were visible for the most part and that was good:)  The stats however were very odd. Points were either stored positively or negatively. It was funny to watch DW-Casanova gain a position in 1 mission only to lose it in the next:)  This happened all night. As for mission kills...10 games... well over 100 kills but only 5 kills registered. I don't know if this would help but should we log game stats for each player after each mission ?

Offline Svizel

• http://165thbdhr.com
Here is a bit more info, maybe it can help:
On PXO when you finished mission stats view in forming game state always showed original stats + stats gained in last mission no matter if  PXO saved them or not. On Fs2NetD stats in forming state are always the same as when you first joined, no matter how many missions you flew. Also from my "tests" if you leave the game afrter mission and return back in 99% your stats are updated and ok, if you don't do that you lose your stats from last mission.

I never seen the multiplayer code so i might just think how it works but from symptoms over there i guess the problem might be that host gets fresh stats for player on join and then always attempts to save those on-join stats + stats gained in last mission (actually overwriting stats gained in previous missions).

So possible solution might be to update multiplayer code to get fresh stats for each pilot everytime game gets back into forming state or make host to remember stat gained after each mission like it was on PXO.
...but what do i know, i'm just Drunk.
Proud deck swabber of BDHR,
tamed monkey of TeamWars admin team.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
that issue is resolved in more recent build svizel

Offline Svizel

• http://165thbdhr.com
So build C07202004 should work correctly? I'll try it tonight, have to find someone who will host with this build tho. :)
...but what do i know, i'm just Drunk.
Proud deck swabber of BDHR,
tamed monkey of TeamWars admin team.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
should