Author Topic: Do ShineMaps work with Radeon 9200 se Sapphire?  (Read 1403 times)

Do ShineMaps work with Radeon 9200 se Sapphire?
The topic says it all, really.  I've always believed that the topic of a question post should be as helpfull as possible. so... "Do Shinemaps work with Radeon 9200se Sapphire?"  Or maybe "Does the 9200se Sapphire support shinemaps?"
I wanna know cuz it's the cheapest Radeon card I could find while still being somewhat decent.  If all else fails, though, I suppose I could go with the Gforce4 MX on Turns' suggestion.
Mertakk monae ki ienikk du bellou zhello.
Kuek mertakk monae ienikk divakkou zhello.

What does it mean if the most fun you had all night was blowing up asteroids...?

"Its a Babylon Space 2 HercFury!" --mikhael on seeing my first fighter design.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I have a GF 2 MX that supports shinemaps - I reckon you'll be OK :p
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Well, a 9600 is generally priced about the same, and I suggest taking that one if possible, but a 9200 should. A 7000 is suppossed to as well, but there are some major driver issues with Radeons. Anything over 4.4 breaks shinemapping.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Aren't cards going to drop drastically in price now the new GF / Radeons are out, tho?

just a though.......

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Re: Do ShineMaps work with Radeon 9200 se Sapphire?
Originally posted by Atalhlla
The topic says it all, really.  I've always believed that the topic of a question post should be as helpfull as possible. so... "Do Shinemaps work with Radeon 9200se Sapphire?"  Or maybe "Does the 9200se Sapphire support shinemaps?"
I wanna know cuz it's the cheapest Radeon card I could find while still being somewhat decent.  If all else fails, though, I suppose I could go with the Gforce4 MX on Turns' suggestion.

No.  It doesn't. I had one for 1 week. It didn't shine. Don't get it.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
The 9200 sucks. It's slower than the 9100.
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Originally posted by Black Wolf
I have a GF 2 MX that supports shinemaps - I reckon you'll be OK :p

Same here... I can run every feature, albeit in 640x480 32Bit, with only 320 Mb of ram, on a p3, with a gf2 mx, and I'm hitting 60Fps... It'd go higher if w2k didn't cap it there...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I'm on w2k. To get higher frame rates, raise your refresh rate on the monitor. I get 75.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Originally posted by Raa
I'm on w2k. To get higher frame rates, raise your refresh rate on the monitor. I get 75.

Is that the control panel, or Admin panel? Cause I never noticed it before in the control panel...

*found it...*

My monitor only supports up to 85, and that screws up all the resolutions... (screen loks smaller) and when i tried for 75, everything was turned 90 degrees to the left... :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

but wasn't there a remove framecap thing somewhere?
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
turn off vsync. But that's kinda deceptive, and possibly dangerous... methinks.