Author Topic: Are you having trouble with a bug?  (Read 17480 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Are you having trouble with a bug?
System specs?
Video Drivers?
Build and command line options?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Kie99

Pent. 3 450Mhz
The Build of FSO is 3.6
NVIDIA RIVA TNT
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Treatment 1 - make sure you're using the very latest drivers for your chipset.
Treatment 2 - Drop AGP setting back one step.

Those 2 treatments have helped me in the past.

Later!

Offline Kie99

err whats AGP :o

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
with that setup, you shouldn't even be using glowmaps, not to mention TNTs arent HT&L cards
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Kie99

EDIT: Got new Pc all works fine now :D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2004, 06:50:46 pm by 1934 »

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
if anyone posts a bug, be sure to check back about once a day to see if the SCP team posted a fix/workaround.  This is also helpful if we need to ask questions
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline mr.WHO

I have a problem with FRED_open(from 3.5.5) and FRED_open_r (from FS2Open_3_6-Installer). When I select a subspace background and press error checker it shows nothing, but when I try load or save this mission( with subs. backgrnd) it shows this and crashing the FRED:

Can't open palatte file
File: E:\Languages\Visual studio projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Palman\PalMan.cpp
line:342
PLEASE HELP.

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
Why in god's name were you mixing 3.5.5 with 3.6?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You can't load 3.6 missions in 3.5.5 but the other way around should work fine.

The subspace palette problem is a know problem from the original version of FRED2 that should have been fixed by 3.5.5 though. You may wish to try this work around in the meantime. Copy a PCX file from elsewhere (any file will do so you might as will pick a small one) and rename it to gamepalette-subspace.pcx.  Place this file in your effects folder.

Annorax : As for why still use 3.5.5, It is a lot more stable than 3.6.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
Next thing that hopefully won't get me flamed/make me look dumb....

How the hell do I get my Mantis password emailed to me/reset?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Mantis has had problems with people registering using hotmail addresses. Otherwise it's just a case of going to the site and registering.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Is it normal with any mods for Fs2, the game close itself ??
I 've just install the Media VP 3.6.5 and use the 02.11.2004 fs2_open_r.exe from Goober, i can play the game just for few minuts and then suddenly the game close itselft.

I activated thoses options in the Features :
 -spec -glow -pcx32 -jpgtga -d3dmipmap -ship_choice_3d -targetinfo -orbradar -pcx2dds -loadonlyused -fps -max_subdivide -env -alpha_env -decals

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
get rid of max_subdivide
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
@MetalDestroyer, -loadonlyused is likely your problem.  I have fixed some of the code but it still will crash on quite a few missions.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I'd also suggest you use Goober's 11/06 build unstead of the 11/02 build.  Finally, unless you have an Uber system, you may want to disable some of those features you've activated.  Most people will tell you that -pcx32 does very little use, and mostly uses up memory space.  What are your critical system specs?

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Ok thanx, i will try.
My specs are :
AMD Athlon XP 2400+@2700+
768 Mo DDR Ram 333
ATI Hercules 9800 Pro
Asus A7N8X Deluxe

Oh i forgot to mention a sound problem with Fs2 and the Nvidia's APU (SoundStorm) .
The sound will be off after playing some mission and I have to reboot my computer if i want to restore sound for any others games/Windows.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
You're using on-board sound?  Ya, you'll have difficulties with that.  I'm using the on-board sound on my ASUS A7V600-X and the drivers haven't been updated since 2003.  I was doing better in terms of sound when I still had my old Creative Labs SB-Live! Value.  As soon as I can warrant the expenditure, I'm gonna go out and grab an Audigy2 Value, 'cause on-board sound is CRAP!  When ever things in FSO get dicey (Inferno mission "Nemesis" is a noteable example) suddenly all of my game sounds are replaced with loud buzzing noises.  I then have to pause and turn down the volume, but then I can't hear the missile launch sound or know when a nearby beam cannon is powering up and about to vapourize me.

Your system power seems decent.  In most respect it out-classes my system.  In addition to the -pcx32 and -loadonlyused tags, there are a few more tags in your list, which are somewhat redundant or not as useful.  -ship_choice_3D just replaces the ship selection ani in the preflight screen with a rotating image of the actual pof file, like in the techroom.  Its realy only useful for anyone making a MOD that doesn't want to have to make a new ani for it.  -alpha_env will work better than just standard -env, but not all canon ships have alpha-environment shinemaps yet, which causes any ship without these to look somewhat strange.  I'd advise keeping to just -env until Lightspeed completes his work on these.  -decals, while a cool effect, are still a bit buggy and may have some memory leaks.  You may get a performance boost if you disable this feature.

Later!

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Thanx Trivial Psychic.
For the sound, i don't have those noise in Fs 2 but when i play a game like MGS 2 Substance, those noise disturbs me enough. In other case, the APU is quite good.
I think i have to buy a sound card like a Audigy too. Erf, i think for christmas i'll will buy a sound card :p

Offline Rosiel

Well...I am new to this community and I tried to play FS2 on the net with FS open but everytime I try to make a server it always crashes. So i tried it in debug-mode and got this:
Assert: cfile != NULL
File: e:\languages\visual studio projects\threepointsix\fs2_open\code\cfile\cfile.cpp
Line: 1424

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    multi_create_list_load_missions()    multi_create_game_do()    game_do_state()    gameseq_process_events()    WinMainSub()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 77e5eb69()
------------------------------------------------------------------