Author Topic: Pimp your (completed) campaign!  (Read 5818 times)

Offline Skippy

• It's not a bug, it's a feature™
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List
Pimp your (completed) campaign!
If you see campaigns missing there's a dedicated thread about that
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
It's kind of half Off-topic, but don't you edit/update the HLP campaign list here?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Skippy

• It's not a bug, it's a feature™
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List
Yeah, that was planned (next week) ;)
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)

Offline TilenN

There are a lot more campaigns of the volitionwatch archives... perhaps somebody still has a few of those campaigns, which are not listed on skippy's campaign list?

or we could write to the authors?

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Originally posted by Setekh
Gortef, I'm downloading your installer now. I'll be uploading it to FilePlanet post-haste. ;)

Roger that. Thanks ^^
Habeeb it...

Offline Crazy_Ivan80

• Node Warrior
Originally posted by TilenN
There are a lot more campaigns of the volitionwatch archives... perhaps somebody still has a few of those campaigns, which are not listed on skippy's campaign list?

haha lol, even my aborted attempt at making a campaign (gateway) is there.
More missions will follow... not, obviously :lol:

(even though I did throw away my storyline I do have the stuff -missions- laying around somewhere, including a number that were never released. Mhh, I might be arsed to actually take up fredding again and rework/finish the thing. Maybe.

If there are people interested in the unreleased missions I will go and try to find them.
If there are people interested in me actually finishing the thing you'll have to do a lot of convincing... cause fredding is boring.
Should I be convinced -a big if considering the requirements :D- I'm fairly certain that I won't be working on the damn thing alone.)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 05:02:00 pm by 169 »
It came from outer space! What? Dunno, but it's going back on the next flight!
Proud member of Hard Light Productions. The last, best hope for Freespace...
:ha:

Offline Noise

• http://www.geocities.com/noiseball2000/itdoh.html
Into The Depths of Hell
So much work done,,, three chapters finished,,, fourth almost done,,, yet almost no one knows I exist:(   It may not be the greatest thing since Inferno, but at least I've produced which is a lot more than most can say.
"The point of war is not to die for your country, the point is to make some other poor bastard die for his."

Into to the Depths of Hell Campaign Site
www.geocities.com/noiseball2000/itdoh.html

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Homesick

Without a doubt the best campaign ever made in the Freespace engine. It surpasses both retail campaigns in terms of suspense, gameplay, re-play value and storyline. Especially cool part is the ending. It is the campaign. :)
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Pandoras Box
 (Have only VW Link)

During the NTF Rebellion, a Group of NTF Members capture a New Hecate Class Destroyer the "Pandora", in this 18 Missions long Campaign,  you hunted down the Pandora and find many other things.

In this Campaign you must often choose between Missions. So you must play this Campaign two Times to play all Missions.

Revenge - The Final Conflict
(German Version, i don't know if exist a English Version, who want, can try to translate it :D )

In this 99 (!!!) Missions long Campaign you fight against the Shivans again, but a few FS2 Questions were answered. You knew where the Shivans bring Admiral Bosch and what happen to him. You knew how the Shivans could destroy the capella star and many more.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2004, 10:24:00 pm by 1821 »
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Noise
Into The Depths of Hell
So much work done,,, three chapters finished,,, fourth almost done,,, yet almost no one knows I exist:(   It may not be the greatest thing since Inferno, but at least I've produced which is a lot more than most can say.

It doesn't help that you only post once in a while and very rarely pimp your work Noise. The Campaign Forum tends to be fairly dead too. There are lots of people who don't check anything in there so people fail to notice when campaigns are released.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline TilenN

In this 99 (!!!) Missions long Campaign you fight against the Shivans again, but a few FS2 Questions were answered. You knew where the Shivans bring Admiral Bosch and what happen to him. You knew how the Shivans could destroy the capella star and many more. [/B]

If you translate it into english, i'll check it for any grammatical errors. I'd translate it myself, but neither english nor german are my native languages, plus i kinda suck at german.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I say trust a native for that job. Not one, at least three: 99 missions are simply too much.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
You're kidding, right? 5 Mission campaigns have a 3% chance of being completed...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
I started a campaign once...more of a crossover between my universe and this one. Lets just say i put it to rest ;)

Not much other recommendations I can give except maybe inferno (although im stuck on one mission which keeps on CTDs) or LM1-4.
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by Hippo
You're kidding, right? ...

Who? Me?

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by karajorma

It doesn't help that you only post once in a while and very rarely pimp your work Noise. The Campaign Forum tends to be fairly dead too. There are lots of people who don't check anything in there so people fail to notice when campaigns are released.

:nod:

You should also try recompiling chapetres 1 - 4 together into a single release version - that'd certainly get people's attention.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
On the conditions news are posted about its release.

Originally posted by TopAce
I say trust a native for that job. Not one, at least three: 99 missions are simply too much.

Correct.. and translate 99 Missions.. uhm.. a long work.. and for the grammatical corrector it's the same work again. I think i have translated Mission 1 a long time ago. And i have only 98 Missions to go :eek2:

EDIT:
Oh i make a fault.. Revenge have only 80+(84-88) Missions. Sorry.. so i have only 87 or so to go;)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 10:25:42 am by 1821 »
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline TilenN

Originally posted by Deepstar

Correct.. and translate 99 Missions.. uhm.. a long work.. and for the grammatical corrector it's the same work again. I think i have translated Mission 1 a long time ago. And i have only 98 Missions to go :eek2:

Well, I do have CPE (Cambridge Proficiency Exam). If someone translates it, I have the skills to check it.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I will also have the Advanced Level Exam soon. But despite I still stick to my point that only natives should do grammar check.
You know, a sentence being grammatically correct does not mean it sounds fine for the ears of natives. Only natives can evaluate how 'real' a sentence is. You may consider the word 'real' the same as 'used in everyday speech'.