Author Topic: banking (40mm)  (Read 7793 times)

Offline LOKO

Hey guys just one questions, on TBP, can u guys make the star fury (40mm) bank? left and right becuase when I slow down it just dosent do it fast, and I like it. so cool to bank when going against minbari green laser cannons.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Err, what? You mean sliding?

Maybe when its been made fully functional in fs2_open. As far as I know, AI does not know how to handle it properly and controls are still hardcoded.

I haven't researched into this matter personally so correct me if I am wrong.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Yes you can bank your Star Fury. 7 & 9 on the keypad.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Edwin

no guys, he want's to know if you guys could make each gun fire independantly of the other (you know, left-right-left-right)  un-linked firing as opposed to linked firing, or make it swtchable so you can link/unlink your guns at will, like in IFH.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Originally posted by Mr. Fury
Err, what? You mean sliding?

Maybe when its been made fully functional in fs2_open. As far as I know, AI does not know how to handle it properly and controls are still hardcoded.

I haven't researched into this matter personally so correct me if I am wrong.

Incorrect. One, the AI is incredibly hard with sliding, they know how to handle the extra axeses (axi?).
Two the SCP did fix it so that you can change the controls. They're under ship, and listed as thrust up, thrust down, thrust right, and thrust left. I have mine bound to WASD.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Originally posted by Edwin
no guys, he want's to know if you guys could make each gun fire independantly of the other (you know, left-right-left-right)  un-linked firing as opposed to linked firing, or make it swtchable so you can link/unlink your guns at will, like in IFH.

Add the "cycle" tag to the weapon ;)

Offline Ranger1

Originally posted by Unknown Target

Incorrect. One, the AI is incredibly hard with sliding, they know how to handle the extra axeses (axi?).
Two the SCP did fix it so that you can change the controls. They're under ship, and listed as thrust up, thrust down, thrust right, and thrust left. I have mine bound to WASD.

Now thruster effects to show that and it would be perfect.

Offline Xaphod

• http://www.fishinstitution.com
A Starfury with the right thrusters firing at all times would be cool.
Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me.
My website - The Fish Institution

Offline Edwin

Originally posted by Unknown Target

Add the "cycle" tag to the weapon ;)

yeah but then it is fixed on cycle

need to be able to swap between cycle and not-cycle at will, preferably with any gun on any ship.

Offline LOKO

sorry guys I love to bank left and right, but the star fury just dosent do it fast enougth, at slow speeds like 10 or even at max speed.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
I still have no idea what this thread is about?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Neither do I actually...

Offline tomcat

• Dark Lord of Truespace
Are you asking your self ? :)
Truespace is the path of the Dark Side
-----------------------------------------------
Dark Truespace Master Tomcat

Offline Edwin

ok, now it seems as if he is refering to strafing....  if that is the case and you want to increase strafing speed just change it in the ships.tbl file.

*After* backing it up or making sure you know exactly what values you change and what to change them back to...
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline -Norbert-

As is often said on many Mod-Homepages

!!! Backup !!!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
I do my banking at Barclays.

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

Offline Slasher

The SF Maras can be seen sliding on occassion.  

Unfortunately wingmen seem to have a hard enough time just maneuvering in formation.  Give them the ability to slide and we will all really, really, really be sorry.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 07:43:15 am by 313 »

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
he wants to bank the craft as in pitch yaw and bank - in other words he  the ose the 7 and 9 keey to bank the craft on its axis without altering its course but at present it banks to slowly in can your speed up the roll rate of the fury

or perhaps i missed the point enterily but tahts what his question screams to me
ARGHHH