Author Topic: Yet again more stuff...  (Read 12534 times)

Offline Slasher

I agree, this looks great.  It is the closest I've seen a thruster glow resemble the one in the actual show.  Keep up the good work. :yes:

Offline Xaphod

• http://www.fishinstitution.com
Wierd.. in the other thread you talk about wanting to add more detail than was present in the show to the 10mm gun - something that was basically a blob, yet here you want to replace my more detailed thruster glows with a much simpler radial gradient.
Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me.
My website - The Fish Institution

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
It had some "star" effects in it, but they are too transparent to see...

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Wow those look good!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Xaphod

• http://www.fishinstitution.com
Originally posted by Deepblue
It had some "star" effects in it, but they are too transparent to see...

Ah, sorry..

I change my statement to "something that looks like a much simpler radial gradient" then.
Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me.
My website - The Fish Institution

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
While I didn't quite agree with Deepblue regarding weapons effects, I do think those thrusters effects look a bit better in-game than older R2 ones.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
One more update (Made set 1, set 2, and set 3 thrusters more interesting and closer to show. I also made thrusters for the Omega [you can assign thrusters in the ship table I believe]).
Click the link at the top or this one.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
It is not possible to assign thrusters in ships.tbl. There can be only three, one for each original species.
Unless this has been changed in fa2_open and I am not aware of it?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I just noticed while trying out those new thrusters that with some models thruster glow is not properly centered.

For example Thunderbolt seems to be fine but Aurora and Badger thruster glows are slightly off. Perhaps that was designed with old effect in mind because this is the first time I ever noticed that.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
I fixed that (I thought) in my updated aurora at the top of the thread.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
We prefer team members fixing bugs in our own models, just in case. :)

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
NP.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Oh yeah, and the old effect was slightly off center so that could be why.

Offline Slasher

Originally posted by Mr. Fury
I just noticed while trying out those new thrusters that with some models thruster glow is not properly centered.

For example Thunderbolt seems to be fine but Aurora and Badger thruster glows are slightly off. Perhaps that was designed with old effect in mind because this is the first time I ever noticed that.

You just noticed that?  Haven't you ever used SCP's cool chase cam view?  It's readily apparent there.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
With old thruster effect, no I didn't notice it.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
You're probably safe using Deepblue's Aurora. Fixing the thruster glow error involves changing about 4 numbers in PCS. E1 though, would be able to recreate the work, in a nanosecond.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Uh, forget my aurora, modelview didnt save my adjustments and I dont have PCS so go ahead and do it yourselves.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
NM, forget that, the changes were saved.

EDIT: I hope you have a better aurora in the works... ;7

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Not at the moment at least.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Nice thrusters (and beutiful framerates ;))
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key