Author Topic: [FA] FRED Academy Sign Ups  (Read 34670 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You can't really pick a campaign. As I've said I don't know which one will be retail and which one FS2_Open. It all depends on the numbers. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Fergus

I could use either or, so I can go where you would prefer me.  But I have mainly been using retail.
Generic signature quote blabber

Offline mr.WHO

Both campaigns are interesting but as I said I forgot most of small thing from orginal Fs2 like (secondary important) ships names. (too long I've been plaing TBP and Infern :D )

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I still insist on giving a hand to new FREDers.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
And I'm glad to have you on board TopAce :D

Now you can use your nitpicking skills for good rather than evil ;) :lol:

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
I'd prefer to use the original, but if it needs be (very unbalanced Fred choice) I can use the open :)
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
I'll be one of them mission reviewer type persons...

Just a warning about FRED_Open:

Half the builds after 3.5.5 do NOT do breifings correctly. And you can't go backwards to 3.5.5 to do them either...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
so.......when do we get started?
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I'll post the mission outlines tomorrow and everyone will be able to start then. I just want to get a little bit longer to see what sort of numbers of people sign up.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Shouldn't we need a new forum?

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
yeah...perhaps an internal too ;)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
An internal for ... the trainers?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I think a new forum or sub-forum of this one is likely to be needed. I was thinking of doing it all in here and just having all the posts include [FA] in the title but I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed by the number of people signing on. :eek:

It looks like about 10 people have already signed on and I think we're bound to get a couple more once we're up and running and people see things in action.

On the other hand I don't know how willing the admins will be to support a project that is mostly experimental at this stage. I think that if the project works and we're flooding this forum we'll probably get shunted into a new forum just to keep things tidy anyway.

As for an internal I think it would cause us a lot of hassle getting people access and I can't really see the need for one at this point. If people who participate want to talk in secret about campaign number 3+ then maybe the admins will be generous but since I'm not going to be involved in that I'll leave that up to everyone else to decide :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2004, 10:45:25 am by 340 »

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
A sub-forum in the FS Modding section will do, if you ask me.
I don't think the Admins would have any objections against this project, it cannot die, since it cannot be finished.

The only thing I do not understand right now is the purpose of an internal.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Make it a sub forum of campaigns. Campaigns is the FRED forum remember? :D

Offline Culando

Is it too late to sign up? >> I saw this before but I've been thinking a lot about it, and I think it might help me out. I can't tell you how many camps I come up with, that I believe have really good stories backing them up. But I can never get them into actual missions. XP

Now that my own PC (in my room rather than the main one in my house) can run FS2, it should help. But this'll help me make sure the missions can tell my story correctly. >>
The boy who cried project.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
You're not too late but I need to know if you'll be using FS2 or FS2_Open :)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
All right, I guess I'll give it a try :).  I'd be able to use either retail Fred2 or Fred_Open, depending on what you guys need.  I'm not sure which build of Fred_Open I have, though I think it's the most recent one linked to from the Wiki.

Edit:  It's funny that I have the reverse situation of most of the other people who are signing up.  A lot of other people have great campaign ideas without the know-how to implement them.  I, on the other hand, could probably pick up most of the editor on my own, but I'd have nothing to use it on.  I've had the same problem with the Descent series; I know the editors, but I don't have any ideas for a good level.  Hopefully, I can come out of this project able to aid a mod that's looking for some people who know Fred :).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2004, 05:02:54 pm by 1965 »

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
Originally posted by Mongoose
All right, I guess I'll give it a try :).  I'd be able to use either retail Fred2 or Fred_Open, depending on what you guys need.  I'm not sure which build of Fred_Open I have, though I think it's the most recent one linked to from the Wiki.

Edit:  It's funny that I have the reverse situation of most of the other people who are signing up.  A lot of other people have great campaign ideas without the know-how to implement them.  I, on the other hand, could probably pick up most of the editor on my own, but I'd have nothing to use it on.  I've had the same problem with the Descent series; I know the editors, but I don't have any ideas for a good level.  Hopefully, I can come out of this project able to aid a mod that's looking for some people who know Fred :).

Quick!! Karajoma! Kidnap him to MG before someone else gets to 'im!! :drevil: