Author Topic: RELEASE: Just Another Day  (Read 28930 times)

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Spoiler:
"It would help if I started firing my beams, wouldn't it?"

That was a classic. :lol:
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

You made my eyes bleed (every mission you fly straight towards a sun, and I think one of the suns MOVED on the last mission), you sadistic fool!

Okay...no spoilers...but i've got to say...the ending was spooky.

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Offline Axem

Originally posted by ngtm1r
Spoiler:
The Colossus X-2? Final Fantasy...X-2?
[/B]

Aaaah yes, now I remember. You'd think I'd know what I put in my own campaign. :p

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Watchasaout! This has given me an idea. I will go :mad:
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
played it and there was some good humour :yes:
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

A hillarious campaign!  Great humour!
Spoiler:
"Someone needs to go and explore the Knossos Portal" "I nominate Alpha 1" "All who agree say aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Uh......nay?"

:lol: :lol:
Jesse - "Brennan's reading, Shalimar's cleaning up, and Emma...Emma's playing chess by herself and still getting her ass kicked."
Emma - "I HEARD THAT!"
---------------------------------------------
Jerri - "Of course, you've got plenty to show off yourself here big guy."
Todd - "She's got X-Ray vision."
Brennan - "Oh... HEY!"

Offline Axem

Geez, at this rate soon the entire script will be posted. :p

Glad you all like it. :)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Started playing it and was enjoying it but it crashed on the second mission with this message

Error: Could not load in 2_Debrief-m!
File:U:\src\cvs\fs2_open.pilot\code\UI\WINDOW.cpp
Line: 215

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    fs2_open_T-20040822.exe 00406e01()
    fs2_open_T-20040822.exe 005ffbe5()
    kernel32.dll 77e814c7()
------------------------------------------------------------------

There appears to be no debriefing for mission 2.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Ehh, that's the corrupt-on-load bug.

The game couldn't load the interface graphic for the debriefing screen. Check my recent bug note on Mantis for more details.

Simply restart the game and it'll be fine.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The odd thing is there is actually no debrief. I checked the mission in notepad (too lazy to look in FRED).

I'll give it another try though.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Axem

Blame the vanishing de/breifings on Fred. At one point I didn't want one, then when I did, Fred wouldn't let me change it. *Shakes fist at Fred*

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I actually thought that was another joke about n00b campaigns...they tend to be missing bits.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Axem

Naah, If I would've done that you would've seen "No Debriefing for XXXXXX". :p I wouldn't be THAT subtle... or would I?

But on that point, it seems like a bug for Fred. With another one of my missions I couldn't change the loadout to some fighters, but for some I could.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 06:19:09 pm by 1840 »

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I played it until the second mission.
The first mission was adequate in difficulty, quality and fun. The problem came up as soon as I entered the second mission. I was overwhelmed to at least 1 to 6, the enemy fighters kept jumping in and I could not keep all of them up on my complete own. There were simply too many of them. Needless to say I died. You know, people should spend some hours making a mission of adequate difficulty. Over these conditions I would omit to rate the campaign as it is quite obvious.
The campaign quickly ended  up in my recycle bin.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
...eh? *blinks* What difficulty were you playing at?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Axem

Hurray my first complaint!

Er, yes. :nervous:

That's quite interesting. Mission 2 gave me the most grief in terms of Fredding (the Colossus part mostly), however balancing wasn't a large issue. There are 2 fighter wings and a single bomber wing. What did you get killed by?

I played and tested it many times and died a few times as well. That tells me that the missions isn't easy, but I'm still able to complete it more than half of the time. Yeah, I know exactly what's going to happen, but I make allowances for that.

Oh well, just be glad you didn't play Mission 5 where over 4 cap ships warp in and shoot you with flak and AAA beams at point blank. I found that part to be the most unfair of the campaign.

Anyhow, thank you for bringing that up. I'll be sure to closely watch balancing in the future. I shall release an updated campaign eventually with more a few more bugfixes that slipped by.

Uh....mission two is really, really easy. Are you playing on Hard mode? On medium it is cake. Or pie. Or whatever.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I played on Medium, perhaps something did not happen to me as it was supposed to.

Offline Fergus

:lol: I am incapable of using any of the forums features-spoiler removed.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2004, 02:57:11 am by 2175 »
Generic signature quote blabber

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Check the spoiler tags!