Author Topic: Just another Fred-Request  (Read 957 times)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Just another Fred-Request
Hello,

I just wanted to ask, if you guys made any progress fixing FRED ? It is really badly needed now for our cause. I can help myself by using a pre 3.6 version for the most building part, and switch later to the current build with autopilot. I can even change back, if I just say "no" for every sexpression-error which is related to the autopilot functions.

Nevertheless, it is a little hard to work with the current version, but my most common problem is the position-lines and not visible waypoints. (and pls fix the bug that a "departure in ship" get's deleted in wing-edit, it's really annoying).

Sorry for bichting around here, but we make big progress and this problem interferres with our work. So thanks for a quick update. :)

But I have a request too. I already asked for this, and I tried to avoid it by overworking the sexpressions, but I need a higher operator limit,  10% increased would be enough. Also a reason for this is, since we are now using the autopilot we have more than one mission area which results in more SEXP of course, not to mention
the massive amount of messages.

I'm currently working on the final demo-mission, which is now 99,5% done. All I need now are some small additional SEXP for AI-Goals and other minor stuff, and now I can't do it, because I breached the operator-Limit again :doubt:

And before you guys start giving me tips like "use message list and combined SEXP", I did. The first is O.K. and the second is sometimes bad because they cannot be timed exactly and sometimes one operators is simply swallowed in the misson :(

(edit) damn, wrong forum. Could someone pls move it into the SCP-Forum ? Thanks :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 03:58:02 pm by 1072 »
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Night Hammer

• I Can't FRED
  • You'll shoot your eye out...
prolly best asked in SCP forum, but im pretty sure they fixed it
Stop... Hammertime :hammer:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Not fixed yet, but Taylor says he'll be giving it a try soon, depending on how much Hurricane Ivan disrupts his timetable.  Just give him encouragement and support when you get the oppertunity, since he seems to be the only SCPer who has given FRED some attention lately.  WMcoolmon has now departed and RandomTiger is wrapped up in RL from what I hear, so Taylor is our last best hope for a better FRED ATM.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Excellent, no that this topic has ben moved, let me push it up to
the top of the page again, hopefully someone can give me the answer
I am hoping for :D
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.