Author Topic: Looking for more programmers!  (Read 10928 times)

Offline Inquisitor

Looking for more programmers!
Hard for him to commit if he doesn't have CVS access.

How many files is it? Can you just email them to me/Goober so we can look them over? Do you know how to do a CVS patch?
No signature.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
hmm i'd like to help but i'm quite buzzy and need a good brush up on C++ (havent used it in oveer 3 years)

If you still need a coder later down the road and i'm available i'l give you a shout though.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Originally posted by Inquisitor
Hard for him to commit if he doesn't have CVS access.

How many files is it? Can you just email them to me/Goober so we can look them over? Do you know how to do a CVS patch?

Let me get the 3.6 source again and I'll make the changes.

Offline redmenace

good to hear that. Also there is the another option of using a preprocessor definition to activate the new jump code. I don't know how to implement this.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

A preprocessor definition would require two builds of the game, one with the original jump and then one with the SW jump.  This is why I was leaning towards a command line flag.  Its one build for everybody and you can go back and forth without worrying about finding a new exe.

I need to finish my addition to Fred and then I will get on this.  The game keeping you to Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Zeta really sucks so that has went away now.

Offline redmenace

well that is what phreak is doing as well. I wish his alt scan mode was a either a hud table option or ship table specific flag.

But, phreak also uses a preprocessor definition for his inferno flags.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 04:09:11 pm by 887 »
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
No command line. A table flag would be better. I dont like the idea that people have to set certain command lines for some MODs gameplay features.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline terren

Originally posted by Lightspeed
No command line. A table flag would be better. I dont like the idea that people have to set certain command lines for some MODs gameplay features.

Seconded, the better to have SW vs FS encounters
or FS vs $any_scifi
Proud user of wings 3-D

Mad? Oh yes quite mad.

Do you want a flag in the ships.tbl?

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
yes.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Inquisitor

got two recruits, thanks guys :)
No signature.

Offline redmenace

Thank you Darkchrono. We really aqppreciate it.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline DracosX

If I had the time right now, I'd love to lend a hand to the SCP. While I'm not the most experienced coder on the block, I've done quite a bit of Direct3D programming for some of my past projects and have worked a bit (mostly just code-cleanup and encapsulation - only a few feature additions and enhancements) with the vanilla fs2 sources.  From time to time I like to experiment with SCP cvs snapshots to test the new features.  I've just got a lot going on right now with work developing a few applications and a new linux distro, but if my schedule changes, I'll be glad to try my hand in this,  especially in the bug-squashing department.

[Edit: Odd... I know I've only posted a couple of times, but I wonder what happened to my post count...  Oh well, I'll probably be beamed for this...]

Take the beam like a man. :p DIEEEE!!!

:welCome:

Hmm...bloody thing seems to be a peice of crap.

*fiddles with switch

:wElCoMe:

Whatever could be wrong?

:welcom:

Still not working. Still a peice of crap.

:elcome:

What the fishpaste?!

Fine, no beam for you, DracoX. :doubt:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Looking for more programmers!
Couldn't resist.  I was working on <colon>Welcome<colon> and came across this.  (actually, it's <colon>welcome<colon>)
:welcome:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Looking for more programmers!
You bumped a topic after 2 years for that!
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken