Author Topic: First post  (Read 2979 times)

Offline Marshy

I downloaded Release 2 yesterday, and I must congratulate everyone who worked on it: it's astounding :)

Unfortunately, I cannot seem to progress past Mission 1. The first time I destroyed the enemy Omega, I was shown a debrief celebrating the death of its murderous captain, but when I tried to progress I was told I had failed. The second time, I destroyed the shuttle beofre it reached the Narn Cruiser, but was again told that I had failed even as I watched the wreakage dissipate

Am I ending the mission incorrectly? I was told to fly towards the hanger, then 'Alt J' appeared on the instruction list. Which should I do?

This is in no way a complaint; I'm very keen to play further :nod:

Out of interest, do you have an ETA for release 3?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
There's a bug in the first mission. There should be a FAQ thread on the forum with a workaround fro the problem.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Marshy

This will sound quite lame, but I cannot find the thread you referred to, Karajorma.

Anyone direct me to it, or give me a quick synopsis of what to do?

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Someone invoke the welcome Beam!!!

:welcome:

Oh, I found it. :nod:

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
R3 will be released when it is done. I'm hoping it will be done within the next couple of weeks. On the other hand, I've been hoping that for a while...
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Originally posted by IPAndrews
I'm hoping it will be done within the next couple of weeks.

This ain't a wonderland IP. Not a chance.

Offline Marshy

OK. Thanks for the swift assistance, but I need some more help:

Installing the workaround results in the B5 campaign disappearing from the campaign list - only the original Freespace2 campaign appears

If I copy the original missionsvp file (ie the one I made a backup of before I installed the workaround) back into the Freespace folder, then I can select 'Mists of Fire', but the first mission is impossible to complete successfully

The 'Janus' campaign also disappears, though the latter's missions appear in the single mission simulator, unlike the 'Mists of Fire' missions, which do not appear anywhere.

I do not know whether this is my incompetence, or some problem with the coding :confused:

Help appreciated :)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon

The only change in this workaround is that campaign file has been deleted, all campaign missions are now accessible through mission simulator.

As it can be hard to figure out which missions belongs to the campaign after you have applied the workaround, here's a list:
1. Soldiers of Darkness (b5-sl-sp-04.fs2)
2. Battle of Jericho 3 (b5-fu-sp-01.fs2)
3. Deliveries in Twilight Zone (b5-fu-sp-02.fs2)
4. Staring into the Abyss (b5-sl-sp-05.fs2)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Originally posted by Mr. Fury
This ain't a wonderland IP. Not a chance.

That's the problem with hope. It's not limited by the boundaries of realism.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Hey Marshy, welcome to HLP. :)

:welcome:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.