Hercules
19 (33.9%)
Herc 2
12 (21.4%)
Herc 3 (Ares)
25 (44.6%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: September 25, 2004, 03:43:02 pm

Author Topic: Herk poll  (Read 4534 times)

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Originally posted by Singh
Herc 1.

I fell in love with it after Homesick.......:p

How odd. I flew the Loki all through Homesick because I prefer the agility and the speed. (Its agility is absolutely PERFECT for my tastes.)

As for which Herc I like, I like the Herc2. Ares is better in many ways, yes, but I just can't abide handling that bad. And the Herc2's missile slots are more than ample enough for any kind of action. :)
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
Herc I. it has 2x the firepower of the Herc II.
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
Seriously...

Herc 1. I rely on primaries more than anything, and if it were possible, I'd use it in FS2 as much as possible. Quad gun mounts on one weapon slot is essential for a primary-based strategy, and I think that even with Subach, Herc 1 would be almost GODLIKE in most FS2 missions.

I haven't flown the Ares yet... I prefer Erinyes or Perseus in the later missions, depending on difficulty.

The Herc 2 is a shiny piece of crap. I hate that thing, and I won't fly it if I don't have to.

Offline Andreas

• Ai No Koriida
My favorite Herc is definately the original Hercules, Ares as a close second. I've always disliked the Hercules Mk.2 because it simply looks awful, too sleek and clean in my opinion.
"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." - Jonathan Swift
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Herc 1 for the same reason as Ai No Koriida.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Hercules I. Both of the Herculeses(I don't think it is the correct plural, by the way) are even slower than a disabled snail, with the Herc I, I have six gunpoints at least. I don't take the Ares into account, that is simply too powerful and that's stupid.

Feel free to disagree.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
My favourite is the old Herc. But I somehow got the feeling it's less though than the MKII.
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
The MkII is tougher and harder to hit.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.