Author Topic: Bold new project  (Read 6185 times)

I have just made a new post on some SCP ideas.... Has anyone else tapped on these ideas, and if so, have you heard anything that might be out soon on these ideas?
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,27772.0.html

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Well, if the story were to start from the FS2 universe I'd suggest somthing along the lines of this (although your idea is pretty good as well):
The Knossos portal under construction in Delta Serpentis, but this isn't where the problem arises. If we take a cue from the original theory that the Shivans were actually trying to protect subspace, and then project it to thefact that the GTVA is actually causing severe damage to it via subspace usage, then the most likely place for a tear to occur would be at the heaviest usage point. This would most likely be with Delta Serpentis and any other system, as civvy traffic would be greatest around there.

Now, remember in Trek exactly the same problem was occuring? The subspace tearing and what-not?

Now....the Knossos prepares to go online for the first time, bringing access to the Earth system via subspace.

At the same time, in a universe totally different, the Enterprise E is called to a medical emergency to a system some light-years from Earth. At the time, its near Earth, the lagrange point between the Moon and the earth to be precise. its docked in for some repairs. Captain Picard decides to engage full warp to the system, not wasting time. As the warp field initiates, it reaches accross subspace, damaging the already badly-hit fabric even more.

Then, somewhere else, the Rebellion fights the empire at Endor with a vast fleet of spaceships at there disposal. But they go up against the Death star. Little do they know the power source of the Death Star has direct links to a layer beyond normal space, something that is only known to a handfull of people....and the destroyers.

As the death star opens fire, the Enterprise engages warp and the B5 universe does , the Knossos portal finally comes online.

The GTVA sends a destroyer, the GTD Aquitaine through the portal to make contact with Earth on the other side. But it emerges into a very strange Earth, with vast blue seas and silver ships orbiting it; ships with saucers and pods to either side.

The Enterprise engages warp and slips through at several times the speed of light, but the flash that accompanies its departure into warp is odd, and the normal streaking stars during warp travel is absent, only to be replaced by what appears to be the rotating blue surroundings of a subspace tunnel. At the end of the tunnel, they emerge right back where they started: at Earth....but it is a far stranger Earth than the one they left it (read: B5)

When the Death star fires its first volley, it falls far short of any ship - instead vanishing in a bright blue flash and an open vortex.

Back in the GTVA, something strange is going on. The subspace Vortex generated by a ship as it passes through doesn't close at all. Instead, it remains constantly open.

then the Knossos device fails and self-destructs from the sheer energy pouring out. But the vortex continues to remain open. Slowly, the personnel gathered watch in horror as new Vortexes open up in front of them, and then remaining open. Out of each appears......Shivans.

But the Shivans are not interested in the terrans gathered, instead, they head from each portal towards the central one, first pouring in in pairs and singles, then ranging to the dozens, and then the hundreds. Every single class of Shivan craft - and some new ones - starts pouring through the new node. The GTVA then decides to send a probe through the node. It lasts just long enough to transmit an image of several more nodes inside the larger one, with Shivans heading through each.

It also sees a strange craft emerging from one of the nodes, an airplane looking much like a hammerhead, with a turret underneath the nose and another on its back. The plane is immediately followed by several black ships, all of which are trying to hit it. However, the black ships are stopped as the shivans engage them, pushing them back into the node they came from.

In each universe, Shivans appear, attacking everything and attempting to secure the area around the breaches. Of course, the universes fight back against the Shivans, but new breaches appear - allowing craft to move from each to the other. Now, in subspace, Borg craft appear to engage the Shivans. both craft being massively armed, and just generally massive, a fire-fight occurs, only to be interrupted as the SSD come through, opening fire on anything. Its immediately ripped to shreds by beams from a Vorlon vessel coming through another universe which in turn is hit by yet another ship from somewhere else.

Of course, our story is not here. Its with a pilot that are present in each universe (one per universe). Each is newly recruited to their respective forces, and each must find each other in the hell that has decended on their worlds, in order to bring things back to order - fighting the Shivans and even each other in the process!

But a larger secret lurks beneath the surface...one discovered by an old Admiral...one that was responsible for the suffering of millions. Nobody listened to him, but he was right....and now, the heroes might just end up destroying all the universes, instead of saving it!!

Sounds lame, i know...but better than nothing.
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Not really, Singh...where do I sign up?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Actually... I kinda like it... I am still going to stick with the knossos exploding when it is first lit off, BUT I think using the heavy sub-space effect is a good twist... However, I still want to keep the some general areas of the story the same such as sub-space vortexes being taken advantage of by the borg... I agree the shivans are going to react, and not be entirely interested in the GTVA, but more so towards other species entering THEIR galaxy! I like on how you brought that up by the way... I the Vorlons in fact all B5 1st ones will not be seen until much later in the story.. The reason being the time frame in which introduce the B5 universe is way after the shadow war has ended... Another good idea is that 3rd space species may try to use the disrupted space to invade all universes like the borg ships! So the Shivans would be very much interested in defeating all them... Another thing that needs to be thought of of... Admiral Bosch from the FS2 story line... Does he build a rapport of communication between the GTVA and the Shivans... There is a lot of what ifs and things to be looked at, and thought out... I would like to soon to start building basic ideal stories for the beginning missions... I am going to try to get a Universes forum up soon, and perhaps we can start pooling our thoughts, and stories to get this kicked off!!! Singh! I like the way your are brain storming! Keep it coming!

Originally posted by ngtm1r
Not really, Singh...where do I sign up?

Hey! Here soon hopefully I will have a forum up and I can get some people to help with the story lines.... Keep them coming, and lets see what fun we can make!

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
I was not going to eventhink of adding FS into my fic by Stithe just gave me a brainstorm...

Hey Stithe, if you got Yahoo or trillian add me, Getter_Robo_G (yahoo), Stardragon1 (MSN), 5256653 (ICQ).. You probably wont use all my storyline but there are some parts you might like (especially if you haven't read my fanfiction yet.)

The basic idea has been floating in my head for a while but now it's been comming together more and more...
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

OK! It is official.... I have our own private forums up, and running! www.stithe.com... Lets kick this thing off! :)

Offline Striker

Although the Stargate mod is at a standstill right now, I'm sure once we got going we wouldn't mind playing a part in this. X/BC-303 Prometheus vs. a Star Destroyer. Sounds fun.
...lurk

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
NOOOOO! how can you leave out the greatest BadGuys ever to roam the sci-fi section! ( ;) )

the Beast! we MUST have the Beast!

BEAST!!!!

BEEEAASSSTTT!!!!!

the beast must be there! i mean, they can totally subvert a planet in a matter of minutes, at most!

:D beast! please!

besdies, id love to see some infected shivan ships. *drools at the thought of 80 infected sathanass...*
A alphabetically be in organised sentences should words.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

hehehe! go to my forums, and make request so all of our guys can figure out ways to add these sci-fi monsters! www.stithe.com

What is "The Beast" any hoo? Anyone have any pictures, and what universe is she from... HIt my forums to help with this radical idea!

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
*freezes* you... dont... know... the BEAST???

the beast is an infection. it fires beams at ships/planets/anything, and that infection just plows through anything, and when it hits organic matter, it subverts it, quite literally shredding and rending your body while yours still alive, then mutationg that shredded mass of gore that WAS your body into living membrane that will just kinda... sit there and become one with the ship and any other membrane there. then, you become one of the Beast. forever. you dont die. even if 'your' membrane is destroyed, you live on in teh consiousness of the beast. ill C&P this over in yer forums for reference.

the beast pwn shivans quick. onen shot, about 30 seconds, and an entire sathanas is subverted, and all those shivans inside become icky membrane :)

did i mention this beam can, after it is fired, jump across a vacuume? :devil:
A alphabetically be in organised sentences should words.

I still disagree that you stay alive, btw...;)

BTW, there are ways to prevent infection (venting plasma through infected areas on Capital ships). IIRC, most ships were relatively immune to the infection at the end of Cataclysm (mentioned, I think, in the Final Cutscene thingy).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 04:56:14 pm by 1802 »
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

hmmm.... BUT... it would be an interesting twist... The beast trying to assimilate the borg while the borg is trying to assimilate it!..... hmmmmm... The possibilities... Thoughts anyone?

The Picture is huge, so here is the link!
The new GTVA Wachabe... Sporting Meson Projectile system, Maxim Close in Weapon System, and anti-matter beams....

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
Originally posted by stithe2000

The Picture is huge, so here is the link!
The new GTVA Wachabe... Sporting Meson Projectile system, Maxim Close in Weapon System, and anti-matter beams....

Reminds me of the Lucifer. Nice.

Very first successful screen shot of the new GTVA Wachabe! B)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
It's... purple.  And... green.

I hope it isn't supposed to be the size of a jug' cuz those turrets are huge. The model itself is fairly interesting. I can see it being hybrid TV, although I wouldn't want it :p
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

The GTVA Wachabe Battleship in action... LOD0 beta will be released soon for testing!

She now has 47 total turrets, and has a complete custom shield that is 2.5k poly.... She sports the Meson Projectile System, Maxim CIWS, Heavy Flak, AAAF beams, BGreen Beams, and TerSlash... She is a very balanced ship... She still has a few minor issues that still need to be hammered out geometry wise, but for the most part she is playable. More on her as things develope!