GTF Hercules
24 (28.6%)
GTF Ulysses
8 (9.5%)
GTF Valkyrie
22 (26.2%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Voting closed: November 28, 2004, 11:45:29 am

Author Topic: Your favorite fighter in FS1?  (Read 8667 times)

Your favorite fighter in FS1?
Whoops. I definitely just voted for Ulysses but I meant Hercules. Yeah firepower. Damn Greek names, they're all the same.

Actually Hercules is Roman so you have no excuse :)
     (In Greek mythology it's Heracles)

As for the poll, I picked the Athena for the simple fact it looks cool.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Only the first Dralthi truly deserved the nickname "flying bullseye", though.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Valkyrie, but Herc comes in a close second.  Once you've pushed that afterburner to the floor, you're going places. :D  I despised the Perseus in FS2; they call that thing an interceptor?  Please; it was completely neutered. :p Give me the longest afterburner duration and highest speed in the GTA any day of the week.

@ngtm1r: Dralthi I and II share the same model.  And the Dralthi III is even more pancake shaped, IMO.  But, yes, the Dralthi I is definitely the weakest of the bunch.

@Mongoose: Yeah, you've got a point there.  It's not really all that much faster than the Myrmidon.  The only real advantage is it can carry Harpoons.
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Valkyrie closely followed by the Athena. Both of them were poorly replaced.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Originally posted by Mongoose
Valkyrie, but Herc comes in a close second.  Once you've pushed that afterburner to the floor, you're going places. :D  I despised the Perseus in FS2; they call that thing an interceptor?  Please; it was completely neutered. :p Give me the longest afterburner duration and highest speed in the GTA any day of the week.

Weapon compatibility must be the problem with the Valkyrie. I don't know if the Valk were compatible with for example the Harpoon, or the Subach, but I guess not.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

It probably is.  They just wanted to replace it with a newer model.  Plus the Perseus was just then coming into limited testing, the Valkyrie  was still on the front lines, most likely, just not where we saw it.
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline JR2000Z

Originally posted by Col. Fishguts
Apollo, just for the design, not its performance (although it's a good all-around fighter)
I finally destoryed the Shivan armada and all I got was this lousy T shirt.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Dralthi II model was different. Wings were canted downward and the overall craft was smaller, with the guns in a different spot and having much shorter barrels.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
Hercules. All you sissy "oh I am so special I can fly rings around you cowboy" coward aces will just become "oh I am so special I OH **** WHAT ON GOD'S NAME ARE YOU BRINGING DOWN ON ME" pieces of debris when faced by superior firepower. Peace!
lol wtf

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Truth be told, the Valk and Athena had very good gun placement, making them superior shooters.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Japong

• http://www.underthreat.tk
Does anyone have a link to images of the Freespace 1 ships? It's been such a long time that I can't remember what most of them looked like... I do remember falling in love with the Ulysses with the Prometheus and Hornet missiles during the end of the single player campaign.
www.underthreat.tk
Yeah, it's my comic.

You can check out my webpage for Freespace conversions to Babylon 5 Wars for the pictures. Click on the names along the left of your screen and a page with an image and information will pop up.

This is the Webpage

Offline Andreas

• Ai No Koriida
Little bit off-topic, but AA, you have a magnificent website! :nod:
"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." - Jonathan Swift
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Offline Japong

• http://www.underthreat.tk
Yeah, thanks for the linkage... now that I remember the Athena, makes me want to change my vote.

And also, go back and play FS1.
www.underthreat.tk
Yeah, it's my comic.

Little bit off-topic, but AA, you have a magnificent website!

Thanks alot. Though some of it is based on my friend's design (who is also hosting my webpage as a matter of fact)

Offline Havock

Originally posted by TopAce
Which consumes much power. I prefer the Prometheus.

they also consume a lot of shield and armor and **** of the opponent, so i like the banshee :p

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
The Prometheus is better against armour. It is no doubt, however, that the Banshee is more ideal against Shivan fighters.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Fergus

What, no captured Dragon?
Generic signature quote blabber

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well as far as I'm concerned the Valkarye was a superb intereceptor an used it as often as I could but for the prelunged battles especiali were you have to take out enemy warships I prefer the Athena and even better the Hercules.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!