Author Topic: FA-Campaign 1 Mission 2  (Read 8876 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Oh yeah...crap. Ah well.. call it for future reference. ;)
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I nearly made the same mistake myself actually. I only just caught it in time :D

FS2_Open's new features are so useful that it's really hard to give up on them for the retail people :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Okay, the weird debriefing error should be resolved, I followed your advice on the add operator instead of the insert operator and that seems to have done the trick.  Also, the wings have been set at 3k away instead of two, which should provide more time to deal with them.

I do have one question however.  Does anyone else lose all of their wingmen when Scorpio and Libra jump in?  It happens only on medium usually.  Just thought I'd see if its the mission or my own fault.
GTI Rebellion FREDer

Dissident Theory

Permissum sacramentum non exsisto infractus , per fides exsisto led.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Alright, man, here are my notes:
  • Remove the dogfight Subach from the weapon loadout list
  • There is a comma missing: Roger Command, ... should be Roger, Command. I also discovered some sentences where commas were missing
  • Orders can be given to convoy ships. Remove all the Player Orders for the cnvoy ships and the capture transport.
  • Pices wing should be Pisces wing
  • I lost all my wingmen in three seconds after Scorpio wing and an other wing jumped in. That made the mission very difficult, I almost lost it. Give orders for Alpha to destroy the fighters that threaten them first, then the ones which attack the convoy or the capture transport
  • The Return to base directive shouldn't turn true(completed)
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

The errors should be fixed now, I've updated the link.  When I played, I managed to beat the mission on medium only losing one wingman this time around.  Hopefully, that should take of that one difficult part.  I spaced the two wings out to give Alpha more time to deal with each one.  

As to the Return to Base directive text, I just like seeing it blink completed in my missions.  It gives me the feeling of actually finishing the mission, rather than simply seeing the directive in the list.  If its a big issue for the campaign I'll change it, I just thought I would state my reasons for having the text show completed.

Also, a rather important question if anyone is listening, why is it I have music in retail FS2, but not in SCP?  I'm begining to wonder if my new CD3 I downloaded didn't install the sound VP correctly. I can't open it in VP viewer for some strange reason.
GTI Rebellion FREDer

Dissident Theory

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
You can cancel the jump out sequence but the directive will remain completed.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by freespacegundam
Also, a rather important question if anyone is listening, why is it I have music in retail FS2, but not in SCP?  I'm begining to wonder if my new CD3 I downloaded didn't install the sound VP correctly. I can't open it in VP viewer for some strange reason.

The warble_fs2.vp is found on both CD 2&3. If one doesn't work try the other one.

For the directive I can change that easily.  No one has comments on the mission's difficulty?  When I played through it again, I was able to keep everyone except Alpha 4 alive during the fight with Scorpio and Libra on medium.

For my sound problem I may have to reinstall again, since I can't open the VP period.  It might be due to the fact that I had to install the game and then add in the command brief animation vps later, but why that affects the sound in Freespace Open I don't know.  Does anyone have the Warble vp handy to download?  The sound works in retail, but SCP it doesn't seem to work at all.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 02:10:13 pm by 1550 »
GTI Rebellion FREDer

Dissident Theory

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Just delete it and copy it across from CD2