Author Topic: Just a Question  (Read 1713 times)

Im looking forward to playing Inferno but i had a question:

If i download it, since its a mod with a bunch of new models and enhancements, will it screw up my campainges that i currently have running?  For example Im about half way through Homesick.  If i install Inferno now, will i still beable to play Homesick?  will my progess be lost?  Does the Inferno mod interfere with other non-Inferno campaignes?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
For some reason the SCP guys made it so that Inferno uses its own pilot directory. You'll have to start a new pilot anyway. That means your progress will still be there for your old non INF pilot.
Using the -mod commandline you can keep the files from being used by other campaigns, so it won't clash with Homesick for example.

You can also run INF as a standalone install if you really wanted to, though you'll have to copy or extract the required files from the retail VPs. I have it running like this so I don't get the exes mixed up :)

Originally posted by Woomeister
Using the -mod commandline you can keep the files from being used by other campaigns, so it won't clash with Homesick for example.

I dont really get the Falg thing in the launcher, im still rather new to the whole thing.  What exactly does it do and how do i work it for the Inferno campainge?

flags signify what features of SCP you want to use (most of them can just be checked off in the launcher). Say, if you wanted glowmaps to be enabled, you use the -glow flag.
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!