Author Topic: A feature I've been percolating in my head(ph34r!!)  (Read 2562 times)

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
A feature I've been percolating in my head(ph34r!!)
Armour should be designated on a per-ship basis as above
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Great Ideas here! I just LUV them....
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

It's silly to introduce options that include only one right answer.  In the OP, ships would simply use a composite of armour types over their surface, and for the other suggestion of custom weapons... well not only does it not make sense (5kT of death is just that, I don't care what your name is) but its simple 'this is better' proposition, and brings no new tactics at all.

What we really need is an armour model.  Orion has huge areas unarmoured, for instance; smacking bombs on that should be far more effective than landing them on the huge armour plates.  But then I want a proper subsystem engine, where each weapon has penetration, each subsystem is a volume inside the ship, and ships get disabled long before they blow up.  They can do it in UT2k4, for chrissakes :)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
This isn't UT2k4, it's FS1999. :p
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Theoreticly, you could perhaps do the armor thing by selecting the polygons that from the armor of desired thickness and giving those polygons a special name/flag...

So all polys where armor should be thick are named  after the armor type. I know that principle works in a few games, but I doubt it can work here....

So - what Aldo and Carl have been saying seems the best option to me...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!