Author Topic: Merry Christmas from the SCP  (Read 24294 times)

Merry Christmas from the SCP (3.6.5 release)
I think when look at them in the techroom an ibx will be generated. I could be wrong, though.
My Sytem

Wer das liest ist doof!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Overlord
I think when look at them in the techroom an ibx will be generated. I could be wrong, though.

Nope. You're correct. Of course doing things that way involves editing the table file so that every ship is in the tech room and then starting the campaign again so it's not a huge improvement on just FREDding a mission.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
What's wrong with just letting them be generated as needed? :wtf:
-C

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Because if you have a bunch of new models, it takes ages.  It's better for the modeller to supply the IBX as well as the POF.

Offline WMCoolmon

Er, I mean how is it any different from going through the techroom and clicking through each one? If you're releasing a model you should have the .ibx anyways, if not, it only happens once for each ship.

For campaign/mediaVP releases I do see why you'd want it though. :p
-C

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
oh!!!  I want to test this out!  I cant wait to get home to DL it all!
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
just for a goof:
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:wtf:

Are we bilingual now? :lol:

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
no, i just found it ;)
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline JC Denton

• Node For Me
2 things:

1) How big are those file sizes, anyway?  The file size for the release version of fs2_open after I had finished downloading it was about 3.06mb.  Fred2_open's was 3.19mb

2) The file completed downloading, and I noticed it had no file icon.  Shrugged, went to open it in the launcher, saw a blink of a command prompt window, and a popup from the launcher:  "Fatal Error - Failed to read flag file."

Shrugging again, I went to open the file directly, it pops up a command prompt with no message in it.  So, I open command.exe, navigate to the fs2 directory, punch in the filename, and I'm greeted with this message:  "Program too big to fit in memory."

Identical results when I try to open the fred2 file.

My guess is the file was corrupted when I downloaded it.  I'll re-d/l them again, but for future reference could you please, please, please put them in a bog-standard RAR file with no self-extractor garbage? (if that happens to be the case)  I don't much care for downloading naked EXEs. :p
« Last Edit: December 31, 2004, 09:15:21 pm by 480 »
"I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will -- and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."  - Gene Roddenberry

"Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few." - George Bernard Shaw

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

You can open the self-extractor with WinRar and extract them manually.
My Sytem

Wer das liest ist doof!

Offline JC Denton

• Node For Me
No SFX, just uncompressed, un-RAR'd executables.  And I thought you SCPers knew better. :P ;)

Anyways, muchos gracias, Goob.
"I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will -- and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."  - Gene Roddenberry

"Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few." - George Bernard Shaw

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
strange.....backgrounds appear to be not displaying in FRED......
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Online Kie99

1. It can't play Homesick.  It crashes whenever you press Commit.
2. If you press Alt-Tab to go on another thing it crashes.  I always used it when I was testing a mission.  Design mission---> Test ----> Find Error in Mission----> Alt-Tab----> Fix Error -----> Restart Mission ---> Test Again

Now I have to Design mission---> Test ----> Find Error in Mission----> Exit Freespace----> Fix Error---->Start Freespace  -----> Go into Tech Room & mission Simulator---->Test Again
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by kietotheworld
1. It can't play Homesick.  It crashes whenever you press Commit.
Press Commit where?  In the campaign screen?  In  the ready room?  In the command briefing?  In the regular briefing?
2. If you press Alt-Tab to go on another thing it crashes.  I always used it when I was testing a mission.  Design mission---> Test ----> Find Error in Mission----> Alt-Tab----> Fix Error -----> Restart Mission ---> Test Again

Now I have to Design mission---> Test ----> Find Error in Mission----> Exit Freespace----> Fix Error---->Start Freespace  -----> Go into Tech Room & mission Simulator---->Test Again
Yeah, that's annoying us too.  We're working on it.

Im curious, when you guys plan on the next BIG UBER release, wouldnt it be more "convienent" and "simpler" to get everything togeather in one File to install so users old and new wont get lost or confused installing the new SCPs?

Offline WMCoolmon

-C

Online Kie99

Regular Briefing.

Online Kie99

Strange... Its working Now...

Oh Yeah Before I forget, In FRED 2 Open the ships are all on the lowest detail level, the Orion looks a blue brick, yes even more than normal!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2005, 04:17:51 pm by 1934 »