Author Topic: What if?  (Read 4562 times)

Offline Falcon

You know I wonder if you could configure a knossos to time travel would make an interesting campaing.

(Also we never knew what the Shivans were doing when they were at the Capella sun :drevil: )

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Oh, it wouldn't be necessarily the Lucifer who would wipe out the TV-fleet.

But following the speculation, Bosch would never start the NTF rebellion, let alone gather the knowledge he has about shivan technology.

And without Bosch, both Terrans and Vasudans are condemned to extinction, sooner... or later.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Nuclear1

So wait... the Saths go back in time. They eradicate the entire T-V Fleet, their homeworlds, and their species. Done.

But no Bosch. No Trinity to activate the Knossos in Gamma Drac, and no ETAK to make communications with the Shivans. No active Knossos leads to no Second Shivan Incursion, which means my first sentence is completely impossible (well, mostly, but let's avoid migraines, shall we?)

Time travel... it's a cornucopia of disturbing concepts. :D
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Well... you could also theorize that if they somehow did go back in time, and change the future, then the future that sent them into the past would no longer exist, and therefore, they'd never have been sent into the past. So the original future exists again, sending them back in time to erase the future. It's a big loop. :p

Edit: Damn... a few seconds too late. :p
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Nuclear1

Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
The main problem with time travel is to find the proper grammatical forms of verbs when you're speaking about it.

This is where the confusion starts. :p

Offline Jal-18

So there's two vital things to keep in mind:

1) Know where your towel is.

2) Don't Panic

:p :D

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Exactly. :D

Oh, and 3) Avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beasts of Traal. (you can use the towel to cover your eyes.)

Offline Nuclear1

4) Don't ever let a Vogon read poetry at you. (That's right... at you) :D

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Cough cough

And a little teaser:

See, see the Shivan sky
Marvel at its big barf depths.
Tell me, Tin Can do you
Wonder why the vasudan ignores you?
Why its foobly stare
makes you feel wargh.
I can tell you, it is
Worried by your lgithpsed facial growth
That looks like
A cheese.
What's more, it knows
Your RAA! potting shed
Smells of n00b.
Everything under the big Shivan sky
Asks why, why do you even bother?
You only charm vogons.

Offline Nuclear1

Ow... ow.. *twitches*

It... hurts... :D

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
*knaws off own leg*
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Originally posted by Lightspeed
Oh, it wouldn't be necessarily the Lucifer who would wipe out the TV-fleet.

But following the speculation, Bosch would never start the NTF rebellion, let alone gather the knowledge he has about shivan technology.

And without Bosch, both Terrans and Vasudans are condemned to extinction, sooner... or later.

Except that in all likelyhood they would actually know more about the Shivans, because they would have seized GTI's information, which apparently exceeded even Bosch's knowledge of the Shivans.

And including the original technology behind ETAK. And live Shivans to test it on.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Bosch is the only hope there is for the survival of mankind, mainly because he is insane enough to accept any means to accomplish his goals.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by Lightspeed

Tell me, Tin Can do you
Wonder why the vasudan ignores you?
What's more, it knows
Your RAA! potting shed
Smells of n00b.

Funny you should write that. Tin can is on my Ignore list... But no, I am not him, So your poetry is flawed. :p
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
So, i guess the universe would CTD
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline neo_hermes

• MmmmmmNode!
  • What the hell are you lookin at?
thinking about Time Travel and the Future of the GTVA makes my head hurt!!!
Hell has no fury like an0n...
killing threads is...well, what i do best.

Offline Roanoke

My Big Campaign Idea will allow the player to choose between NTF or SOC and see resulting events from different perscpectives. Sometimes the same missions.

Offline Kie99

The Idea is its a once-only freak event caused by the Sathanas having an accident (don't take that the wrong way) cos it was charging up that supernova-maker.  What the Fleet does in the Gr8 war will cause a new reality to start.  The Shivans don't realise they've done time travel.  Could you please stop debating whether its possible or not and debate what would happen, what the GT(V?)A would do to stop the Shivans etc.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Originally posted by Raa

Funny you should write that. Tin can is on my Ignore list... But no, I am not him, So your poetry is flawed. :p

Where does it say you are?

And btw, it was auto generated. :)