Author Topic: To Render...or not to Render...  (Read 4942 times)

Offline Darkshear

• Deux Ex Reddere
To Render...or not to Render...
heh the model actually has more weapons then that, has 6 forward facing turrets...4 of which are actually static on the real model, and the other 2 look as if they could move on a x+y combination axis only in conjunction with each other...and there is also the turret behind the "bridge" area...but yeah...that is it...
I am not sure how many dropships she can actually hold, but in the movie it looked liek one per bay...and there are only 18 dropship bays on the model...
Course, there are 10 other bays on the ship which after a discusion between Shrike and I, have decided are for cargo or some such...

Also, yeah the carrier version is different...but only in 3 ways...there is no "core" or "Gantry" on the center deck,
It has an elevator where the "core" was.
And the detailing of that mid plate is a bit different...
Oh yeah..and it has fighters on it :P

But those are the only differences...
I will change the name to something else...
the Yamamoto was a dropship ship like the Rodger Young, so I can't use that...
If anyone knows the name/number from the carrier ship in the movie, let me know  
Rob
Darkshear

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
on the plan were we hear Mickeal Ironside syaing that they have a new Skymarshal and a new strategy to his troppers, we have a nice view on a carrier, but I don't remember the name, not even sure wa actually see it  . Mybe you could look in the book, ships have the same names.

------------------
venom2506
Member of the Robotech mod for FS2

and of Hidden Terror, the Shivan campaign

and My own page
SCREW CANON!

Artimus

Make a cargo verson too.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic

To port into Freespace!   Awesome model- The only tip I had that it was a render was the background.

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!
Accelerate your game-Velocity Mod

Offline The Claw

• Run! Chickens Incoming!
That model is simply Jaw dropping...
 Heh... it would be a bit hard to put into Freespace tho!
 50,000 polys, 48 texture maps... some major scaling down would be needed. It would be cool tho, especially if it was kept looking like that...

------------------
"Supernova, ya supernova, supernova goes pop
supernova, ya think it's over but the supernova don't stop" PM5K
Death:"Arnold Judas Rimmer... your life is over. You will travel with me to the-"
#knees death in the groin#
Rimmer:"Remember matey, it's only the good that die young"
Kudoth, god of pointless educational programs.
"I love the English for three reasons. One, we always beat you at rugby. Two, your wives are always friendly. Three you fought like devils to save us" Old French bloke at my uncles pub.
"One has plenty of time for contemplation while waiting for the endless waves of bad doggie werewolf monsters that chew your toes while you sleep"-Dradeel, BG2

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Of course...I'd be willing to sacrifice some of the detail in order to go cruising along the side of that sucker.  

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!
Accelerate your game-Velocity Mod