Author Topic: Arrgghh  (Read 5432 times)

The more we beg, i bet the more they are holding it back. Evilness stuff like that!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by High Max
I sure hope u Inferno staff divert considerable time to Inferno everyday, is it worked on everyday?

I sometimes work non stop on it for most of a day, such as yesterday, however untill we get a new INF Build I'll have to come to an almost complete stop.

The reason, we've just hit beta status for the core module:

Now I need to test it before I have to upload this beast, but I can't do it without an OGG enabled build.

Here's a list of things I've recently done:
Added a few updated briefing icons
Finnished fighter interface art
Added vasudan gun data (interface art)
Done a workaround for secondary interface (may change in later betas)
converted to OGG music
Broke mulitplayer options in pilot select and barracks so its not possible to make multiplayer pilots
optimised weapon effects
converted all ship models to new texture naming system (this breaks compatability with the FS Open media VP and Lightspeeds shine effects)

Things to do for next core beta:
Add a new Vasudan ship I haven't received yet
Fix up the mainhalls
Possibly more weapon models
Some minor edits and tweaks
Ship rebalancing and adding of techroom data
Add any HTL models I receive in time

So what's left to do for final release:
cb anis
missions (duh :p)
any mission specific stuff

Mission work seems to of stopped, so we may be looking for both mission designers and permanent testers to be added to the staff once we're happy with the beta once it's tested by the current staff.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I doubt a spring release, winter maybe...

There won't be a multi-vp version as I'm not planning on using vp files this time, all files will install into Inferno\Data

The download will be the exact same for 56kers, though it'll be in ~40mb chunks which will require all of them to extract. The installer that will extracted will be the exact same one as the single file version.

However I don't know were that one will be hosted as I doubt Gamespy would like a split file like that on fileplanet...

That's 450mb uncompressed, it's about 230mb to download the core module.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

*clears memory out for Inferno*

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Woo: i did the difficulty table thing like you suggested.  this way you don't have to keep making changes for the AI refire times everytime you update your code.  theres something else you may want to see in the hosted projects forum.

you may want to read up now.
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,28823.0.html
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by PhReAk
you may want to read up now.
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,28823.0.html

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
   2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Bleah.  Looks like when the permissions got set, SadisticSid was added but you weren't.  It's fixed now.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by PhReAk
Woo: i did the difficulty table thing like you suggested.  this way you don't have to keep making changes for the AI refire times everytime you update your code.

Ok modified difficulty.tbl to match the hard coded values I changed, now I just need an INF Build with the other limits bumped to test it on ;)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by High Max
I look forward to that and the first thing I'll do is read all the ships' tech descriptions before I begin playing.

Speaking of which don't read them all in one run of the game, The techroom can't handle it and will crash if you try to. Same goes for putting all models down one after another in FRED (with deleting older ones of course since fred wouldn't handle that many anyway)

That's a minor problem which has been around since the first INF Build :)

Well it used to do that and I assume it still does...

You should be able to read all GTVA and EA ones, then restart and do the Shivan ones.