Author Topic: Post-3.6.5. problems  (Read 3123 times)

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
I'm getting some weird crashes here, caused by something in one of the VP files (no crashing when they're removed).  I CTD when almost any mission is about halfway done loading.

I thought the music.vp might be causing this, so I removed it.  This causes the mission to crash immediately when it begins loading, not just halfway. :wtf:

Oddly enough, a fix for this is to load up a working mission in the tech room (which there aren't many of, but "A Game of TAG" doesn't give me any problems), and exit back to the flight deck.  From there, I can play any mission normally.

Thoughts?
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Davros

i was having the same problem as antares i fixed it by pointing the launcher at fs2_open_3_6.exe instead of fs2_open_d.exe

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
Don't know if anyone else has had this problem or has said anything about it, but the Perseus's cockpit is missing.
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by Karza
PCS? And what exactly needs to be done with it?

All turrets, subsystems, dockpoints and other things need paths layed out to align proper approach vectors for the AI.  Unlike MODview, PCS has the ablity to add and edit paths.  It would seem that path2 has something that FS2 doesn't like.  In the PCS Paths section, use the dropdown tab next to the "add path" button to select various paths.  When you find one with path name of $path02, go to the spot a little further down within the "verticies" category and where you see "Turrets".  If you click on the dropdown tab there and find any turrets liked to it, delete them using the "remove turret" button.  Then save the model and retry it.  Remember, you must have the pof extracted from a VP in order to edit it.  This may not do the trick, but it worked for me when I had that error message.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

FS2 crashes before mission is completely loaded ("Battle of the Wilderness) compalins about nvogntl.dll or something like that.

Removing mv_effects.vp fixes this problem... so I guess it must be the vp's fault.