Author Topic: Favourite TBP ship?  (Read 19713 times)

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
Firepower, grace and deadliness- Sharlin class warcruiser
Hit & run tactics/ speed - Whitestar
EA warship - Omega destroyer; it has interesting design using a rotating habitat/command module to create artificial grawity
and my beloved x-ray beams...
EA fighters are all cool - good for different tasks
A true challenge - try out the Zephyr :)  
It's hard to tell which starfighter is 100% the best
they all have "+" & "-" . MAYBE EXCEPT THE NIAL... only "+" ;)
"Another fellow pilot"

The Nial has very important disadventage for multiplayer gaming - the game not count kills made by it's beam weaponary.  After few weeks of online playing, my favourite ship is PSI Thunderbolt, for good parameters and powerful gun. Sentri fighter is on the second place because of its wide gun placement and very fragile weapons and sensors subsystems. Although, it's small profile and rapid-fire guns makes it quite good for dogfighting.
Expect the best. Be prepared for the worst.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Beam weapon kills not counting is fs2_open bug.

Offline Sparrow

My favorite heavy ship is the EAS Hyperion class cruiser.  i like her lines, some nautic but seems strangely realistick , cooler specialy after severed dreams when it looks like Hyperions mounts beam weapons... If they upgraded it with gravitic field..

And for fighter i go with the EA Thunderbolt.

Every time i see a Nial i cant helo but thing on the StarWars TIE Defender

Offline JBlade

Absolutely Nial! I Just love those beams and it's agile too. Mimbari are the coolest race on B5. White Star is also cool, "We live for The One, we die for The One "
Visit www.starwreck.com for good laughters and great Sci-Fi!

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
:welcome: Tervetuloa JBlade :D

Whitestar is cool, but I don't like the Nial. The Nial is... Well, I just don't like it..
No surrender, no retreat.

I don't liek the way the Nial looks. To me it looks lieka flying vegetable, kind a liek a cucomber. lol.

I would say in B% the most beatiful ships are.

Sharlin Cruiser
Hyperion Cruiser
G'quan Cruser
Vorchan Cruiser

The nastiest lookign one that would intimadate soemoen the most to me would be. (this is solly bas eon looks of the ship.)

Nova (look at how many guns you can see on it)
Omega
Shaling
Primus
Sun Hawk (this thing looks mean for its size)

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
I can't believe people actually chose the 'Plucked Chicken' and the 'Blue Fish of Doom' as their favs. :ick:

Omega destroyer and the G'Quan heavy cruiser all the way!
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Wich ship is the plucked shicken. I know the sharling is the blue fish of doom but what is the plucked chicken?

Offline JBlade

I think that White Star was referred as plucked chicken,  but im not totaly sure...
Visit www.starwreck.com for good laughters and great Sci-Fi!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yep. The white star is the plucked chicken cause it was refered to as one in A View From The Gallery.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by JBlade
I think that White Star was referred as plucked chicken,  but im not totaly sure...

Yes, in the episode 'A view from the gallery', one of the maintainance guys called it a plucked chicken. And it even looks like it too ;ick: (a pretty damn good episode though)

:ick::ick::ick:

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
A poorly drawn plucked chicken, perhaps...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
In any case, it's ugly but it kicks ass. And i guess when it comes down to it, that's all that really matters :D

The Warlock is my favourite battleship in B5 :D
OMG! We're lost: Kryptonite = Tiberium

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
The warlock was butt ugly ;p the only good thing on that ship were the G.O.D cannons fitted onto the front of that thing :p

Offline Sparrow

the Warlock is a very cool ship.. it looks like it can handle any situation and any ship, at least it can go to a Sharlin without be wiped out in sight..

Im wondering in Hyperions got artificial gravity in Crusade era... many websites tell that they not and only newer desingns like Warlocks, Victorys and some others got it. But it appears that for example Narns got all their brand new G´Quans after joining the ISA with artifical gravity without modifyng the basic design.. so why not fit a Hyperion with a gravimetyc system. to create gravity for example in the main habytation area of the ship (the "tower" from up to bottom and that windowed section after he tower) It would be a damn great medium war ship and not all must be gigant enourmous overkill destroyers ;7

I would love to be able to fly a Thunderbolt or a Nial in the game.. how i can chose them? In some missions the game allows to do a ship sellection but i allways end up with the Aurora..

Offline Tain

For me, it would be the Vorchan. I oh-so love the Centauri.

the EA Badger, its beauty matches its power , put level 4 cannons on .and the massive 12 venom  missiles  loadout. and dont try to fly it at night with the pc speakers on, coz your mum will surly kick you out of the house. ok by the way were can get posters of the shpis for my pc  desktop backraound i looked  for  ships moddels but i didnt find any??

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
Hyperion no doubt ... i just love the classic "oh thats definately human" design :)
I hate My signature!