Author Topic: Open Render Contract  (Read 3752 times)

Offline Star-Epock

• Time Lord
    • http://www.freespacesaga.com
I need a specific Freespace Rendered Image created for an Un-disclosed Project. I need it done to given specifictions, Ie Ship Class Colour etc.

My Contract Idea:
Full credit will be given to the Render Artist, and direct "pimpage" in the Projects output. Pimpage can be a site or anything of your choice.

Plz E-mail
[email protected] for further details.

Cheers for the ears!
I ♥ FS1

www.nexusthegame.com -Another exellent but bad sales space game-

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
  Steak! You can sign a contract!!!

------------------
    -Director of the staff of Hidden Terror.
   -Fleet Admiral of The Ancients Armada

The fear always controls our attitude, let us fear no more!

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
I have enough contracts to sign as-is  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Star-Epock

• Time Lord
No Im serious, any ameteur Renderer who wants to really help me out id appretiate it.

My silly contract idea is only attempting to tell you this is for a front page, or "Intro", so it'll get full viewing as it were. Id be happy to pilfer an existing render, provided its not used elsewhere, nor will be.
I ♥ FS1

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Dude, post a bit more details on what you want to have in the render. People don't like diving headfirst into something without knowing what it is.

------------------
"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline DragonClaw

yea, what do you want?  

------------------
   -Fleet Admiral of The Ancients Armada

Offline Neon

.........!

Offline DragonClaw

I knew it!!! N00bs are getting into HLP!!!!  

------------------
    -WebMaster of Imperial Productions

Offline Star-Epock

• Time Lord
Il have you know Dragonclaw im the:

Chief-High-King-Princess(can I say that??) Noob.

I need a Destroyer head on to view. Hecate Class. The challenge is getting a hecate asthticly good looking head on.

I chose the hecate as I think its the Symbol of Fs2 much like the Orion was the symbol of FS at least for me.

Sounds like an easy render. I expect it does, but its something alltogether else to get it looking great. Um....err... so it looks like its cruising...

I ♥ FS1

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Originally posted by Star-Epock:

I need a Destroyer head on to view. Hecate Class. The challenge is getting a hecate asthticly good looking head on.

Hmmm... if you want an "exciting" head-on view, it'll need to have a lot of perspective, like what darkage did here, but not quite as drastic. It also shouldn't be directly head-on. I'd define the needed view as "from the front".

Cruising effect can be done with a very slight motion blur, as well as some fightres flying in formation directly in front of the ship and in the same direction, with their engine glows visible.

------------------
"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
I'll do it! I'll do it! Might involve morphing the Hecate a little, but I can make it cool.

Any special effects- beams, flames, lasers, etc. you want?

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by RKIF-DragonClaw:
 I knew it!!! N00bs are getting into HLP!!!!    

Newbie is a relative term. Such is the power of HLP, that no Newbies exist here. Only Young Ones, in need of guidance...  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline DragonClaw

Originally posted by Setekh:
Newbie is a relative term. Such is the power of HLP, that no Newbies exist here. Only Young Ones, in need of guidance...    

that too  

OK I'm sure an experienced renderer is gonna do a better one, just to spite me...but here:

------------------

[This message has been edited by RKIF-DragonClaw (edited 09-09-2001).]

Offline Neon

The background is cool... If the hecate is on a planet... Make it more fs style... I mean colorfull nebulas!

Offline Anaz

Hecate? Astheticly good looking?!?!? Pigs are prettier than the hecate, and that is saying something!

Sorry, ok, I am done ranting, and I DON'T LIKE HECATES

------------------

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline DragonClaw

Originally posted by Neon:
The background is cool... If the hecate is on a planet... Make it more fs style... I mean colorfull nebulas!

I think I had greyscale mode on when I made the nebula  

------------------