Author Topic: A new Nova  (Read 4328 times)

Offline boewolf

After reading the Favourite TBP ship? Thread, I had to make my dream Nova.

This was the result.

Each of the Novas used to make it are going to be about 50% larger than the origional.  

Its main use will be heavy suport and suprise attack.  

Armorment estimate:
4 EA XRay Laser
2 EA Nemesis LG missile
about 20 EA Heavy Pulse Turret

Its still in the development stage.   But i thought I would share now, finish later and make a campain around it later.

If I make a campain around this ship class later it will be a second raider war...  With a twist....

Offline mr.WHO

Looks good, but I don't like linked ships (exept that narn ship, I forget it's name), make it more looks like Nova advance than two linked Novas.

You created two same topics, maybe you should delet one?

Offline boewolf

How do i delete the second one?  The second ome was an accedent.  The net was going adnormaly slow.  I got a little impatient...  Not like to get get like that...

I can actually see that as EA's Mass Driver Nova Varient before they were outlawed by treaties.  That would be cool in a Dilgar Campaign.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2005, 12:19:14 pm by 2196 »

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Nice doubleNova :p But it needs somethin'.. It looks too.. Linked :D
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
I hate My signature!

Offline boewolf

Originally posted by Ashrak
yuck!

Could you please be a little more specific than yuck?  Whats so yuck about it?

Originally posted by Primus
Nice doubleNova :p But it needs somethin'.. It looks too.. Linked :D

I know you stated that it looks too linked, but I had the idea for adding more linking looking structure to the top and botton. The bulkyer mid sections I am going to make it as one.

Most of the big multi part turrets are going to go in exchange for much smaler ones, and the remaining large ones are going to be made single barrel.

Will post a new pic when I have one.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by boewolf
After reading the Favourite TBP ship? Thread, I had to make my dream Nova.

This was the result.

*snip picture*

Each of the Novas used to make it are going to be about 50% larger than the origional.  

Its main use will be heavy suport and suprise attack.  

Armorment estimate:
4 EA XRay Laser
2 EA Nemesis LG missile
about 20 EA Heavy Pulse Turret

Its still in the development stage.   But i thought I would share now, finish later and make a campain around it later.

If I make a campain around this ship class later it will be a second raider war...  With a twist....

AWESOME!:eek: :eek2:

But I'd find a double-sized single Nova with particle beams and Nemesis missiles to be even better. The Warlock, Omega, and Excalibur don't do it for me.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline boewolf

Needed a break from the model itself while I make some decitions about it...  So I started on some weapons for it.  

The one thing I did decide on is that most of the heavy weapons are going to be plasma based, but made to be fired in the good new style voley.  This is the result.

It has an overall faster fire rate and can kill a Warlock in about a 1:30 to 1:40.

The second is the 45mm also voleyed up for an anti fighter cannon.

This one still needs some tweeking....  But it has potential...

My current decition with the modle is to go with a combined double or just single with more guns.  Both have some promess with what I see in my mind....

Do you risk making it more powerful then a shadow vessel when you do that?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Definitely, that's overkill.
Speaking of Omega-X and Nova. OX's got a bit rebalanced weaponry and we have two new Nova models in progress. The other is a high-poly model which can be used for Omega as welll...

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
The volley weapons are beautiful.

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by boewolf
A new Nova

:lol:
Eh, you do realize that the word "Nova" itself means "new" in latin right?  So this ship is the "New New".
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Personnally...I think it's god-awful fugly.

And your weapons ideas are not giving me confidence in a balanced ship...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline boewolf

Originally posted by Trivial Psychic

:lol:
Eh, you do realize that the word "Nova" itself means "new" in latin right?  So this ship is the "New New".

Acctualy I didn't know...

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I once did a non-canon B5 ship parody that looked just like that. It was called the EAS Armageddon and consisted of 3 Novas stuck together with assorted bits of GOD sat strapped on. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of it anymore :(
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by ngtm1r

The Warlock is at least as powerful. Although you might say that it itself is unbalanced, since it can kill a Shn'Tan in less than one minute.

--General Battuta

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Shn'Tan's armament is primarily defensive with good coverage. A Sharlin will triumph over a Warlock in most cases, sometimes a Warlock may get lucky and win though.

Warlock is definitely a powerful vessel, but it has severe weaknesses as well.

Offline boewolf

Originally posted by ngtm1r

Well then I should probably state that it is going to suffer from a little less hull than a Warlock and won't have anywhere near the speed eather.   Its only going to go at 35, unlike the Warlock's 50.  So there are some of the weaknesses...

Also there probably won't be quite so many wepons as I first estimated.   Unleass I finish the dual version (to wich I will and then make a decition...)

Edit...

After changing all of the big multipart turrets, adding about 8 extra small turrets and two missile launchers the streight overgrown nova looks like this.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 05:31:30 pm by 1127 »