Author Topic: beam cannon textures  (Read 4413 times)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by StratComm

I always loved :v: for this. :D

What, the "hehe" or what it does?  I don't see why that comment ever survived in all of the beam weapon entries (it's in every beam layer, which is rediculous) since the actual effect of the Zadd field is pretty obvious. [/B][/quote]

Let me guess, it adds a z-axis to the beam, making it 3D.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Wow, that's a butchering of a quote if I've ever seen one.  Guess this thing isn't set up to deal with nested quotes properly.

Actually you're not far off.  It actually adds to the z-axis relative to the camera so that the beam layers will stack properly.  It doesn't actually make the beam 3d as it will appear on its side from all angles and is covered up by the beamglow and explosion graphics on the ends already, and if those are removed the beam will terminate abruptly with a straight line.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM