Author Topic: Alpha 1 will be dissapointed...  (Read 7365 times)

Offline Kie99

Alpha 1 will be dissapointed...
The Alpha 1 in FS1 said he expected the Shivans to come again, but not in his lifetime.  If we gie him an age of say 22 then in Inferno he will be age ~92.  It'd be cool if he turned out to be some Admiral of the EA.

Oh yeah and what hapened about the Vasudans in Sol. (The 4 Thoths and doubtless some others)
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Hehe:

"My name is Admiral Alpha 1. I'll brief you today"
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Kie99

Well we could make up a name for him.

Admiral Kietotheworld has a nice ring to it....

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
When does Inferno take place? I don't think it occurs any later than 2400. EDIT: Wait, it's FS1's Alpha 1. He's probably dead and gone by now.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Kie, give it a rest.

And Wool, maybe, maybe not.  Depends on how long he lives.  The odds of him being anywhere near the front lines... very, very bad.  Probably a war hero the EA trots out on special occasions if he's still alive.
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I don't see any evidence of genetic engineering to increase lifespans. There's only so much you can do with an organism that is only designed to live 40-45 years. He sure as hell won't be directing any fleets at his age.

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Woolie Wool, did I say he was leading a fleet?  No.

I said that he might still be alive at 90+ and still be active.  That takes some, not a lot, *some* advanced medical care, something the human race has probably managed in the, oh, 350-400 years we're talking about here...
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
What do you think admirals do for a living? They lead fleets! A flagship is the ship an admiral leads the fleet from.

--General Battuta

Offline Kie99

EDIT: forget the other bit

Woolie, Moonsword never said that FS1 Alpha 1 would be Admiral, that was just me.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 04:06:54 pm by 1934 »

Thanks, Kie.

@High Max: Interstellar travel, force shielding, etc.
 - Albert Einstein

- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Kietotheworld, you have one SERIOUS flaw in your argument - it seems that you have completely left out the Capella incident.  Wasn't that a reappearance of the Shivans as well?

It would've made more sense if Alpha 1 from the FS1 said that he wouldn't SEE Shivans in his lifetime, not that the Shivans won't come for Terran worlds.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
That's neither here nor there though.  From the perspective of Alpha 1, Earth may well have been the last surviving Terran world, and so a reappearance of the Shivans through the non-existant nodes to earth would be after his lifetime.  For all Earth could have known, the Shivans could have overwhelmed Terran space after the Lucifer was destroyed, as there was never any good indication of where they were coming from or how many ships were there.  The return of the Shivans in FS2 is an event of which the FS1 Alpha 1 would have absolutely no knowledge.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
yeah... what he said.
A alphabetically be in organised sentences should words.

Offline Krusi

I think he is an a Admiral in the EA.After the destruction of the Lucifer he was celebrated like a hero.

Offline mitac

I think he crashed into some random asteroid during a standard patrol flight in Sol system some time after the destruction of the Lucifer.

Boom, there goes your hero. :p
marcet sine adversario virtus.

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
i think he finally came to the conclusion that life sucked and he wanted to end it

>_>

<_<
A alphabetically be in organised sentences should words.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by mitac
I think he crashed into some random asteroid during a standard patrol flight in Sol system some time after the destruction of the Lucifer.

Boom, there goes your hero. :p

Or died in a collision with Alpha 2 :p

Offline -Norbert-

Or crashed on earth after his fighters engines where damaged in the lucifers explosion.
Or he had enough of saving humanity, quit and raised a family.
Or.....

Offline Kie99

Originally posted by Rampage
Kietotheworld, you have one SERIOUS flaw in your argument - it seems that you have completely left out the Capella incident.  Wasn't that a reappearance of the Shivans as well?

It would've made more sense if Alpha 1 from the FS1 said that he wouldn't SEE Shivans in his lifetime, not that the Shivans won't come for Terran worlds.

you have a SERIOUS flaw in your brain and/or memory Alpha 1  said WE meaning the people in Sol. And as someone else (Moonsword IIRC) said FS1 Alpha 1 didn't know about the Capella incident.

It is entirely feasible that technology could have Advanced enough that Alpha 1 is an Admiral.

Offline Zarax

If FS1 Alpha1 was admiral and commanded a capship there is no way in the universe GTVA could have stopped EA...
Though it would be interesting to see such a reincarnation...
*Meet Alpha1, the deadliest pilot ever born* :p
The Best is Yet to Come