Author Topic: Seperate invulnerable tags  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
Seperate invulnerable tags
Instead of there being just one invulnerable tag, why not make one for hull, and one for shield? that would be good for missions where the lucifer is in normal space, so bombs and lasers couldn't affect it, but beams could.

I suppose you could just set shield HP and recharge rates to rediculously high values, but that wouldn't really be invulnerable, now would it?
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
we also need a "subsystem invulneable" tag
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Originally posted by PhReAk
we also need a "subsystem invulneable" tag

I second that ! That one would make my life much more easier (together with guardian-flag, i.e. make ship guardian, but subsystem invulnerable)  :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I had suggested (in the MODing forum I think), a change to the ship-guardian sexp so one could not only specify a subsystem or subsystems on a specific ship to apply the guardian effect to, but also set at what strength the subsystem(s) or hull will no longer be vulnerable.  For example:

when
-true
-ship-guardian
--GVD Memphis
--weapons
--hull

That will ensure that the hull of the Memphis cannot be dammaged below 5%, and it's weapons won't be dammaged below 25%.  Further subsystem and minimum hull strengths can be specified.  Unfortunatley, it was pointed out that the current ship-guardian sexp can't be adapted to do this, since you can already assign multiple ships on the same sexp use.  I therefore propose that my previous proposal be altered to the sexp of ship-guardian-special.  Now, this would also double as subsystem-invulnerable, since all you need to do would be:

when
-true
-ship-guardian-special
--GVD Memphis
--hull
--engine

That ensures that while the hull can be dammaged down to 15%, the engine subsystem will be completely invulnerable.  For any entry, you can disable the guardian effect it by using a "0" for the subsystem minimum strength.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!