Author Topic: Universes Chaos Mission 1  (Read 12755 times)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
But if Lucas "S3Z S0", than you can't disagree because he's the God of Star Wars. If JMS makes 2MT nukes blow up a Sharlin, then the nukes blow up the Sharlin. If Gene Roddenberry phasers make people disappear, violating the First Law of Thermodynamics, then they make people disappear. If Volition decides that Shivans are actually fluffy pink bunnies in costumes, then so it will be. Hiding from the truth won't get rid of it. The truth is that a single shot from an outdated SW heavy transport is 100,000 times as powerful as a nuke that destroyed a Sharlin warcruiser.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Like I give a ****. (how many times have I said that, now?)

I don't care about those others, I'm talking about SW.
If Lucas says something that Is total bull, than it doesn't matter if he made the show, it's still bull, PARTICULARLY IF THE EFFECTS WITNESSED IN THE MOVIES REFUTE THIS STATEMENT.

Note, I don't like Star Trek much anymore, not since I started learning basic Science.
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
God, is this debate really going on in two forums at once?  Disgraceful guys.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Aw, it's ok. I saved you some room in the thread, too. ;)
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Ah I'm going to pass this one up.  Woolie has shown to be a complete fanboy twit and won't listen to simple reason, and I've made my points.  Something about "Lucas says it's canon" just grates against me since Lucas probably used about 3 minutes and 2% of the contents to make that decision.  Ultimately though, and I will continue to stand by this, inter-universe comparisons are a complete waste of time; there's a different baseline and the two just don't overlap.  If you're forcing a baseline, then you've got to step off of canon completely and go with what you can see for yourself.  Which is precisely nothing of value.

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Originally posted by Cyber Phoenix

ICS is cannon and nothing on the movies contradicts it.

To rephrase an earlier post, based upon a shot in the original version A New Hope showing the gun galleries of the Death Star, a heavy turbolaser is the same size or smaller then the chin guns of an AT-AT walker. AT-ATs are not putting out anywhere near the amount of firepower you state.

Owned. Next please.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
ngtm1r: same topic, same poster, same thread.  The fact that the whole thing has already been double-posted here and in Freespace Modding is already unfair to the TBP staff; lets leave them be.  Woolie, when you inevitably read this, take the hint.  Argue this in ONE THREAD, preferably not this one.  As much as I hate to say it, this one needs locking.

*is seriously dissapointed in everyone involved, particularly Woolie*
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 10:07:14 pm by 570 »

Originally posted by StratComm
God, is this debate really going on in two forums at once?  Disgraceful guys.
My thoughts exactly!

Originally posted by ngtm1r

To rephrase an earlier post, based upon a shot in the original version A New Hope showing the gun galleries of the Death Star, a heavy turbolaser is the same size or smaller then the chin guns of an AT-AT walker. AT-ATs are not putting out anywhere near the amount of firepower you state.

Owned. Next please.

Wrong. Those are not heavy turbolasers

These are

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/Xbrooklyn/Isd09.jpg
http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/Xbrooklyn/Isd23.jpg
"What does not kills me, makes me stronger!" -Nietzche

There is no peace, there is Anger;

There is no fear, there is Power.

There is no death, there is immortality;

There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.

That must be the original models for the movies...

Damnit, Woolie Wool. It's a game. A mod for a game.

What do you say about the Spacebattles movies? Do you go 'OMGZ!?! WHY DID TEH VORLON DREADNAUGHT TAKE OUT THE ISD WITH IT's 200GIGATONAS!!!' ? :rolleyes:

Kindly, take your ICS, take your stupidity and shove it. If the mod maker wants to make a Primus superior to an ISD, then it is. But it does not change ANYTHING.

Goddamn...

If he wants to make Starfuries vape TIEs in one shot? Does it change the ridiculousness of the ICS?

You, as you have always been, are a damned nitpicking fool. And don't even think of mentioning your wank Starforce, christ, we hear enough about that on Spacebattles. Did I mention Woolie likes to nitpick? :ha:
-

I wouldn't mind seeing an B5 v FS2 mod, Omegas duking it out with Fenris' and Orions... *drool* But, IIRC, tables only have limited space for ships? Would be nice to see, though.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Originally posted by Azrael15

I wouldn't mind seeing an B5 v FS2 mod, Omegas duking it out with Fenris' and Orions... *drool* But, IIRC, tables only have limited space for ships? Would be nice to see, though.

Table limits can be bumped. The INF build, for example.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline -Norbert-

I don't understand why anyone would bother discussing about Star Wars Weaponary anyway.
Geroge Lucas wrote Star Wars to be an action movie, not an scientific presentation.

I don't think he thought about how those weapons correspond to reality. And to be honest who cares, as long as the balance between the different parties within Star Wars is a good one.

And for crossovers it doesn't matter to me too if whats in the mod is cannon or not.
It should be fun to play. And (at least in my opinion) that means roughly equally strong parties (or if it's made in a way that doesn't compromise the fun while playing few strong against many weaker ships. But thats far more difficult to archieve than making the parties equally strong).

And to the discussion about speed I wanted to throw in a quote from JMS which is surely true for Lucas too:
"A ship travels at the speed of plot."
I don't remember how exactly he explained it, but it's was very near to the following lines:
If a starfury is supposed to be at babylon 5 in time he will be, no matter if he has to fly from Earth to B5 in 10 minutes and if he is supposed to miss an event, he will miss it, no matter if he is 5 meter or 5 lightyears away.

If the Deathstar needs 5 days to get around Yavin, then the thrill would have been taken out.
And if that's not enough of an argument:
If the Rebels could detect the Star Destroyers through Hyperspace within the Asteroid Field of Hoth when they stated that they can hardly detect anything at all there, then why have they detected the gargantuan deathstar, which has a magnetic shield that prevents anything bigger than the Falcon to go near it, that should make it a into a beakon for all sensors, just when it already was far into the star system?

With this I just want to tell tose fanatics out there: Don't take it too serios! It's just films and books. No need to get an heart attack about it.

Originally posted by Azrael15
I wouldn't mind seeing an B5 v FS2 mod, Omegas duking it out with Fenris' and Orions... *drool* But, IIRC, tables only have limited space for ships? Would be nice to see, though. [/B]

How did you know I already had that stuff in???? Or what I was doing next :D

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Good incentive to fix those geometry bugs in B5 then Stithe. [cough]
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

There's already a mod that can do that?! Awesome!

Can you outline what it has? I'm assuming all FS2 vessels, all B5R3 vessels plus weapons and etc?

Asked for picture references... Plus need to get up with you for the new ftp access... I have the old access, and unable to get on... Will talk to you when I catch you online!

Since Woolie is not going to try to, hah!, refute my points...

Concession Accepted.

1st: I have asked for 2 or more solid references that can be exploited, and averaged out to help with balancing the mod out.... No one has done that yet....

2nd: On my own research by use of the library, the internet, and games... I have found that almost none of the references have a solid 100% bonifide kiloton potential.... All the references has, could, possibly, perhaps, and in theory... The only solid info that I have seen are in the games (the ones from the creators).... That is what I am using to break down my info....

3rd: I am doing this for several reasons.... 1) I love all the sci-fi fantasy stuff, for it is fun! 2) I am apart of of TBP, SWC, and BSG... The SWC project is hurting.... Where as the B5 team is not, and they are doing well... I am creating a bridge here to help the SWC team get back on their feet... Plus I figured what the hell, why not?

4th: Come back to this tiny little world known as Earth.... In the present preferably.... This is just a game, and all concepts of sci-fi fantasy was an attempt to inspire the "what if" concept.... We do not live in those worlds... We live here, and we seem to have forgotten how to just have fun, and enjoy what is in front of you.... Most of us here are adults with careers and such.... We deal with bickering, and petty arguements every moment of the day... We come here, or grab these sci-fi concepts as a means of escape.... Toi enjoy the what if ideas of others.... Why destroy that by bringing what irritates us in real life in here?

Lastly: I appreciate all of your views, but arguing does nothing.... If you wish to help then help... You know your talents, and obviously you like these concepts.... Help out, or be quiet... Now lets have fun! PEACE!

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I didn't pay much attention to this thread. My mistake. There's absolutely no need to create same thread over four different forums. Just one is enough, and that one is located in the FreeSpace Modding forum.

This is closed.