Author Topic: Are We Alowd To Edit The Original Missions  (Read 3187 times)

Offline Trekker

Are We Alowd To Edit The Original Missions
Hi, id i leave the credits to the original creator in can i edit the mission (i.e. replace with a different ship) to be used in my campaign.  

Mission i want to edit are the training missions as me and a few other are working on a Star Trek stand alone game using Fs2_Open.  We got a bit delayed as our leader coder (who had ltos expeince with moding fs1) has real life comitment which he ca't exscape atm

Offline Fergus

You are prohibited from releasing it and saying that it is all your own work.  I doubt there is much that can be done if you decide to keep it for personal use.
Generic signature quote blabber

Offline Trekker

Originally posted by Fergus
You are prohibited from releasing it and saying that it is all your own work.  I doubt there is much that can be done if you decide to keep it for personal use.

but if i keep all the credits in and just state only differences are

a) different ships
b) what intructor says i.e. making it star treky

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
What are you looking to do? The training messages and key-press events? They're not that hard - just look at the events in one of the training missions and copy the layout. :)
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline Kie99

Just do it and then if someone ( :v: ) complains (which I seriously doubt would happen if you gave the original creator) then stop giving it out.  I've seen countless missions which are very similair to Original Freespace ones.  Such as in warzone in the nebula, where you have to destroy 6 Rahus and some sentry guns, and then some big warship jumps in.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 01:26:27 pm by 1934 »
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
As long as you credit the original creator and don't try to sell it I doubt very much that anyone will complain. After all most mods use something that is based on [V]'s work and I'm yet to hear them complain.

Since you're doing a stand alone training missions are a must as there will be people playing this who have never touched FS2 before.

BTW. Are you using Omniscapers trek mods for this?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Roanoke

*wonders if :v: would even notice*

Offline Fergus

Hmm, I would hope so, alot of good talent here (obviously not indicating myself)

Offline Trekker

Originally posted by karajorma

BTW. Are you using Omniscapers trek mods for this?

some of his ships, also soem from sector files (though some of them are uncomplete) also got a problem with the defiant  as the weapons and in the wrong place.

Trying to make this game as cannon as possible

Offline Trekker

got a freind making me a big borg cube so i can do the battle in first contact

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
glad you asked this for me, Trekker :D

my mini campaign uses an edited version of "A game of TAG". pretty much all i did was turn the briefing into a "Red Alert" and left it like that. It still has the mission designer's name in it :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Cobra
my mini campaign uses an edited version of "A game of TAG". pretty much all i did was turn the briefing into a "Red Alert" and left it like that. It still has the mission designer's name in it :D
That's hardly an adaptation or a change to make it your own mission. :wtf: It might be crossing the line.

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
*blinks* just redo it... add your own personal touch. are you really that uncreative?

[edit] sorry, i wasn't paying attention. sorry for reviving. and sorry for being harsh - i'm hardly in a good mood at the moment >_>
A alphabetically be in organised sentences should words.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i have a headache from nonstop crashing on Ace Combat 5. neither am i.

the reason for using "a game of TAG" was to (how should I put this) capture the last moments of kappa wing.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
Originally posted by Trekker
got a freind making me a big borg cube so i can do the battle in first contact

And the player flies what exactly? No fighters or bombers were seen in that battle... the smallest ship we saw was the Defiant.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The Defiant operates enough like a fighter it's not that much of a stretch to fly it. Guns-front and highly manuverable.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Trekker

yet to fully decide but as u said most likely the defaint

Offline Fergus

I don't mean to sound silly, or stupid, but if I remeber correctly there were an awful lot of space ships firing on the cube -pointlessly- without having much affect.  Well not until the S.S. Nick-of-Time showed up.