Author Topic: "The Best Of FreeSpace 2" Project  (Read 10552 times)

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
"The Best Of FreeSpace 2" Project
*****ing over capilization john? jeeze
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

I am an ass.  =)
For great justice.

Offline JarC

well now...it seems that this great initiative from Kazan is meant to die a premature death...too bad but to be expected I think, I am afraid that most folks have given up waiting for a replacement engine that really adds something to the game besides looks...

I am almost done playing the FS2 campaign (1st time I might add) and personally I am more than dissapointed, FS1 was heaps better than this shamefull attempt of a sequel...so some good MODs would have been welcome (too many end up in dead links or unfinished projects...)

but, if I had to nominate who should be in the panel...

take any member who has been here from the days of FDL/FS1, chuck'm in a hat and just pull out as many as you need...I mean, if they are still around after that long a period, they've proven their dedication...(excluding me, myself and I, ofcourse)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2004, 05:42:05 am by 106 »
Use the WiKi Luke
See You @ WIGGY's

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
I nominate everyone who has ever made an ub3r ship that does NOT make FS2 give 5FPS.
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
So is this officially dead or are we going for it?  If we are going for it, i nominate Styxx, Steak, Shrike, Scefire (he knows who he is).  There......the cult of the one true S rides again.....
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
it's fairly stalled.. since i was the only one who showed interest in running it - and i cannot be all things to all people

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
i thought it was a good idea when i read it, and i still think it is. I think that after all this time people have made the nominations htat they want to make.  I have some questions though.....1st.....what is the criteria in each category?  2nd, for the mods that are super secret, and are there any that aren't, how do we judge for those that haven't been released?  3rd, i remember a thread a couple years ago where people were nominating "Legends" if you will.  i can't remember the name of the thread, but Aldo was in there for modelling, I think Ace for fredding, things like that, will there be anything comparable to this?

As far as running things goes with this, i have no idea how it would even work, maybe explaining it to us simple folk would help ;)
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
only released mods are eligible

if you want to run the project be my guest -  i'm going to be busy with other things

Have you gone insane?!

I nominate Lightspeed, for his amazing work on Shine 2.0, and his awesome engine effects (savior).

Offline Kie99

Into the Depths of Hell is a good campaign by Noise but only chapters 1 to 4 have been released, I think there are about 9 Chapters altogether.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Okay, this has been around for a year and a half with no responses for several months.  I'm unstickying it.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
noone nominated me :(
im gonna lock myself in the closet for the next 10 years.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN