Author Topic: TBP Multiplayer  (Read 3175 times)

At first, I want to thank to all TBP staff for making awesome space-sim game. IMHO The Babylon Project let the old, good, FS2 to finally get retired.  Excellent job! :yes:

I have three questions about TBP Multi:

1) Are there any chances to have mission stats stored? I guess it may need anoter FSNetD stats store server, configured specially for TBP (it's only my suspection, I'm not programmer...). Is it possible? Are you planning to do it in future?

2) Is anyone playing TBP multi for now? If yes, please write when you're often playing (GTM time). I would like to join because I can't host myself. For now, I'm playing TBP multi with my Polish friends from 'Squadron 303', and we are quite suprised that there aren't more TBPers on FSNetD.    

3) Are there any multiplayer missions except those two from first official mission-pack? I've done a simple doggy and TvT by myself, but they're both unfinished... I'll post them somewhere around when they will be done.
Expect the best. Be prepared for the worst.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Originally posted by Psychoo
At first, I want to thank to all TBP staff for making awesome space-sim game. IMHO The Babylon Project let the old, good, FS2 to finally get retired.  Excellent job! :yes:

I have three questions about TBP Multi:

1) Are there any chances to have mission stats stored? I guess it may need anoter FSNetD stats store server, configured specially for TBP (it's only my suspection, I'm not programmer...). Is it possible? Are you planning to do it in future?

2) Is anyone playing TBP multi for now? If yes, please write when you're often playing (GTM time). I would like to join because I can't host myself. For now, I'm playing TBP multi with my Polish friends from 'Squadron 303', and we are quite suprised that there aren't more TBPers on FSNetD.    

3) Are there any multiplayer missions except those two from first official mission-pack? I've done a simple doggy and TvT by myself, but they're both unfinished... I'll post them somewhere around when they will be done.

1) I gues they need to be configured...

2) I played with wolfdog once online, that was the online time there were other people online besides me. I've said this before: Go play TBP online people! ;)

3) Not that I know of...
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
As far as I know all that needs to be done is for the server to be revalidated for TBP 3.1.

I don't know how much work is involved in that but hopefully not much.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Ok, me and few my friends are going to have TBP online party this evening. Feel free to join. We'll starting about 20:00 GTM+1. We especially need people who can host games, but it will be be nice to see anyone.  :)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
What do we need to do to join the party?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

TBP 3.0 or 3.1 installed and configured for FSNetD games :D Just join our game(s) or start your own:p

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
TBP 3.0 or 3.1 installed and configured for FSNetD games

... and how do we do that?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Bah, the link in the confirmation email from FSNet gives me this:

Not Found
The requested URL /fs2/ was not found on this server.

Can't register :doubt:

Check confirmation link again. There is probably  BR tag on the end of confirmation link. Remove it, copy the corrected link into adress book of your browser and it should work fine. ;)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 12:03:34 pm by 1488 »

Edit: Sorry, I've double-posted...:ick:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 12:04:36 pm by 1488 »

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Double checked it. The link seems to be fine but wont work.

Oh well, one less newbie off the air (or space) :)

I've registered myself looong time ago, when "The BR problem" was the only one known FSNetD bug... In these days FSNetD is being rebuilded, today it got entirely new website and it may be the cause of registering problems. Wait a day, maybe two, and try again. Don't resign so quick  :)

Offline Vainzki

It would be great to have more people on multiplayer. Perhaps an IRC channel  where the players can chat with eachother and arrenge games would be a good idea?

Offline Burns

Fury's link IMO does not work. But...

http://www.burbworld.com/fs2netd/

that did for me.
That which does not kill me is delaying the inevitable.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
]

that's exactly what you need - and the system is setup so that all mobs can run on the same primary score DB - so your aggregate pilot account scores are your scores acrost all mods - but you can view individual pilot scores on each mod
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir