Author Topic: New ships in TBP?  (Read 14810 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
The only ships in the pipeline at the moment are:

Shadow Fighter
Shadow Cruiser
Vorlon Fighter
Vorlon Transport
Vorlon Cruiser
B5
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

But are those ships coming in the future?
Partolling outside Babylon 5 and looking for a beautiful space.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Possibly but probably not. We don't have many active modellers or texture artists at the moment and whether a ship gets done depends entirely on whether it takes the fancy of a modeller and then a texture artist in that order. I can't see any of them doing that.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline -Norbert-

I remember seeing a (of the look of it) complete model of an Octurion without textures in the screenshot section of the old website, quite long ago (back on firstones).
What happened to it?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Oh yes. Octurion. A personal favourite of mine. Tomcat took an interest in that one and did a fantastic model. Unfortunately nobody wanted to texture it. Unsurprising really, it's huge. You need to be really enthusiastic to tackle something that size. Puts what CptWhite and Stithe did with B5 into perspective.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Wasn't the T'Loth on the short-term agenda too?  I've said it before, but here are ships I'd like to see included in at least the next few releases (not already mentioned by IPAndrews):

T'Loth
Narn Transport
Centauri Transport (seen in "The Coming of Shadows")
Soul Hunter ship
Minbari Glider Transport (seen in "In The Beginning")
Perhaps one of the Vree saucers
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Well if we're discussing what we'd like to see rather than what we are likely to see... I'd like to see the Vree saucers, and Centauri blockade mine. I did the geometry for those so I have a vested interest in seeing them in-game.

Oh and if Tomcat comes up with a list based on the same criteria it's likely to be a long one.

Offline Fodder

What happened to the pirate ship from the fs2 code?  Now it's just a beacon.  Maybe it should be replaced with Sinclair's duck.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
How about a teddy bear with the initials "J.S." on it?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
We have actually already decided what it will be. It's high-poly. It's big. It's adult content. It's t*m**t's ****.

Cookie to whoever figures it out.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 02:06:31 am by 173 »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
I've figured it out, but I'll let someone else win the cookie.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
How about a teddy bear with the initials "J.S." on it?

Great idea. Go model it.

Offline Fodder

Originally posted by Primus
Duck?

Its an old joke on some newsgroup.  Back in season 1, fans were complementing Ivanova's t*ts.  As a spoof, others began discussing about Sinclair's d*ck.  JMS then joked, "Hey!  How did you find out about that?  We weren't supposed to introduce Sinclair's duck until season 3!" and "The Minbari surrendered because in some episode we'll see someday the Earth had developed a giant killer space duck hidden on the dark side of the moon that would nibble the Minbari homeworld to destruction."  

A pic of the duck can be seen here.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline Slasher

Originally posted by Mr. Fury
We have actually already decided what it will be. It's high-poly. It's big. It's adult content. It's t*m**t's ****.

Cookie to whoever figures it out.

Has to**** been consulted about this yet???  He might like to raise some issues with this.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Originally posted by Slasher

Has to**** been consulted about this yet???  He might like to raise some issues with this.

I think it was him who came up with the idea in the first place.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Sparrow

LOL :D

that duck is the ultimate technollogichal terror

Offline Fodder

Corpses.

Have them floating around hangar doors.