Author Topic: In need of FS1 missions!  (Read 2082 times)

Offline Andreas

• Ai No Koriida
I don't think FS1 has too many filler missions (though Ruota Della Fortuna comes in mind), but I think every game needs them.

While protecting the GTC Orff might not save the universe, doesn't it give the player a feeling of immersion, as you would propably be doing that sort of thing during "real" war aswell.

And again, my apologies if I was being little bit rude earlier on (or is it just me?:nervous: )
"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." - Jonathan Swift
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
actually, the GTC Orff was an easy mission that command sent you on, to get a feel of 'real' combat.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Raiden

• Vassago's Dirge fanboy
    • Ministry of Truth
The original Freespace is obviously a great game. But I think the sequel really developed the storyline into a much more epic, cinematic tale, and whenever I think about how great the series, I'm always thinking about the Knossos portal and the destruction of Capella. So many questions...it's all so fascinating. With the original, I didn't really feel there were any questions about the storyline. The Shivans were big bad super death aliens, end of. But the sequal really made me question what their motives were, and the actual size of their entire fleet. I find the Shivans to be an utterly fascinating race, and that's all from Freespace 2.
/logic/reason/faith/tradition/knowledge/rhythm/space/religion/
Currently Playing: Dead Space 3
Eagerly Awaiting: Titanfall
I write for god is in the tv. I blog at Ministry of Truth.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
you don't have to use italics for the names. ;)

Shivans in FS1: We don't know anything except that they want to control jump nodes.
Shivans in FS2: Still nothing except they have a master's degree in fast shipbuilding. :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta