Poll

when was the last time you played through the main freespace 2 campaign?

a week ago
4 (13.8%)
a month ago
4 (13.8%)
3 months ago
2 (6.9%)
6 months ago
6 (20.7%)
a year or more ago
13 (44.8%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: March 17, 2005, 09:17:17 pm

Author Topic: FS2 campaign  (Read 1943 times)

i noticed a lot of people haven't played the main freespace 2 campaign for a while, i was just curious on how long.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 09:18:36 pm by 1164 »
hmm.....

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Not since I beat it the first time. I don't like to replay games.

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
I haven't beat it in over a year, but I got over half-way thru a few months ago, before I installed the SCP and had to delete my pilot.
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Online Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I don't know how long it's been since i played thru the main campaign... about last month i started playing it and then i found the BWO demo. :D

I'd say about 6 months. :)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I just replayed both it and the Port last month; unfortunately, I accidentally deleted that pilot file, so I'll have to replay them again soon. :p

Unknown Target, you don't replay games at all?  Wow.  I've played just about every singleplayer game I own at least two or three times, and often more; in the case of the Freespace games, I've had to have replayed them at least ten times.  To me, there's nothing like coming back to an old game and re-living all of its good moments; it's like meeting an old friend again. :)

Online Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Andreas

• Ai No Koriida
I have tried to replay the FS2 campaign, but I always get bored at somepoint and give up. :o I haven't had that game installed on my computer for sometime, either. Don't get me wrong though, I have played allmost all of the lately released campaigns/mods for FS2.

But I did beat the FS1 main campaign at least twice last year, though :o
"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." - Jonathan Swift
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Last time I replayed it was about three months ago I think.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
I don't even remember.. I'd say about six months ago.
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I don't remember playing the main campaign this year, but I know I bet it in the near past. I voted for Six monhs.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Online Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
1 year pwns 6 months.

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
I just plain don't remember.
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
i plain don't care :p *has reached a state of complete and total apathy*
A alphabetically be in organised sentences should words.

Online Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

i remember not being able to finish fs1 cuz i could NEVER get past the 3rd to the last level. the one where the HOL tries to stop you. it drove me insane to the point where i had to stop playing... then a couple of years later, when the port came out, i played through it and omg! i beat it! finally!... this was... uhm... a year and half ago, or more. and i was playing both fs2 and fsport at the same time. so when i couldn't beat one, i'd go to the other. i'd just keep switching. it was kinda neat. except i had a crap computer running at 500mhz(do those still exist nowadays) with 128mb ram and a s*** 32mb lame o' graphics card. i was surprised that fso barely worked ont he thing. and now... i don't have fs2 in this computer.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 01:32:32 am by 1164 »
hmm.....

I'm playing it right now. Nostaglia finally overcame me, and I just had to play the darned thing.

That, and I had nothing else to do. Finished five missions of my campaign, and after 8+ hours of playtesting, I'm taking a break.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I found that out that the last time I played the main campaign was between 24th November and 29th November. I am sure about the 29th Nov date, I remember that I finished on the day of the Bro's birthday.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.