Author Topic: Freespacer - extended stats  (Read 840 times)

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Freespacer - extended stats
After a long hiatus I decided to get back to work.

However my last revision (...if they were to actually read the darn thing, the crucial parts are not that long....) made it apparent that there is plenty of things to chisel on the ground level before work on the superstructure.

Namely things like the base stats and atributs of characters. Discussions with die-hard rpg-ers revealed some drawbacks of my decisions.

I have made the following changes:

Hitpoints reintroduced.
You won't gain them when levelling up. They're a constant after character generation and will only go down with age and hardships.
To gain hps you will activly have to spend skill points on fitness and even then the difference will be minimal compared to a gun's damage.

I extended the base SPECIAL stats to 3 categories.
The reason is that stuff like wisdom come really handy, but stuff like how much the mind take or how über some stats became (endurance and perception) without the distinction was troubling.

Code: [Select]
Physical Mental Astral
Strengh Build - -
Perception Senses Attention -
Endurance Body Mind Soul
Charisma Beuty - Charm
Intelligence - Clarity Wisdom
Agility Reflex - -
Luck - - -

Please, if you have ANY idea, critique, comment, POST!
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan