Author Topic: "Thunder" ship concept  (Read 3917 times)

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
Coming along nicely. :)

The only major critism I could make would be the slightly off angles that are present in all your drawings.
It could also be passed off as a style though, so meh.

Offline Pyro MX

• Frenadian
    • Pyro MX's Art
I'm preparing the top-front view so you will see how it's built.

Offline Pyro MX

• Frenadian
    • Pyro MX's Art
Finished the top/front view. To be honest I don't think it's my best drawing here... the front opening for the control pod is way too big for the perspective I chose. Also, after finishing the drawing, I found that the main hull had a little rotation that made it look like it's all deformed, I corrected the mistake and re-draw over the lines with a darker pencil. Ahh there are days like that...:hopping:

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by Grug

I was referring to the date marked on the page being 22/04/2005 when we are still in March. :p

As was I. :p
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Pyro MX

• Frenadian
    • Pyro MX's Art
I forgot to say... if you want to use those schematics to build a ship for one of your FreeSpace project, go ahead! I would be more than happy to see this ship fly someday! Just give me credit for the concept. I'll try to do the back part of the ship soon!

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
Originally posted by Raa

As was I. :p

Now I am confused, were you serious? Are the canadians a month ahead? surely not.
Another smart ass comment gone awry... :p

You know Pyro, that if you sketch the rough version first, scan it and then go over in a darker pen in photoshop or like program on another layer, you can make much more crips drawings.
More effort involved yes. But better results, and solves the problem you were talking about. :)

Offline Pyro MX

• Frenadian
    • Pyro MX's Art
I'm nearly done with the back part! I added an auxiliary thruster...

Offline Pyro MX

• Frenadian
    • Pyro MX's Art
After re-drawin' it a couple o' times I'm finally finished with th'back part.
As usual, there's a mistake in th'perspective an ye loko at th'2 gun racks. Ah well!

Any one interested modellin' it for a project?
Well an there's anyone willin' t'model it as I said hie for it! Here's th'pictures o' th'front an' aft part (I didn't like th'top view):

FRONT

BACK

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
It needs more cleavage.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Pyro MX

• Frenadian
    • Pyro MX's Art
Mmm...I dunno... since it's a heavy armor plating I tryed to cover most of the ship's components (If I understood what "cleavage" means). The missile bank can be ejected from the missile rack so it's faster to reload, the gun racks can ge changed in flight to change the guns and the pilot pod can be ejected too so there are the cleavages of the ship. I dunno where I could add more!